Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned inaccurate

I got the charge 3 about 3 weeks ago and apparently burn 3500 calories a day on average. I weigh 160lbs and 5ft 7.

Im 16 years of age too. I calculated my BMR and it does match but calories burned is way to high. Ive tried to lose weight for a while now and struggle. I dont use the exercise feature as im told it is somewhat inaccurate so i let is automatically track my calories.

My routine: I am going to severly stretch my calories consumed

Wake up about 6AM

Have breakfast (Chocolate hoops cereal) (500 calories, stretched massively)

15 minute walk to bus stop

Get home from school at 4 and continue working and relaxing, sometimes do a form of exercise ranging from tennis, swimming, gym etc. I usually exercise 3-4 times a week.

Gym class / P.E session twice a week at school.

For lunch i have chicken mayo sandwich and sausage (700 calories stretched massively)

At home i have a snack (300 cals stretched)

Dinner i have similar to lunch but more vegetables (700 calories not stretched)

Maybe 1 more 200 cal snack (stretched)

• This is 2400 calories at A STRETCH and i still havent managed to lose weight, i average 2000 steps a day too, and average 15000 steps a day.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

It is important to understand/remember calories burned reported by your Fitbit are an estimate. Many people find the estimate is on the high side. In your case, your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) is likely around 2700 (your average step count of about 22k + the description you made of a typical day of yours would make you highly active).

Given you’re 16 and therefore are likely still growing, I wouldn’t focus on weight loss. Rather, take advantage of the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity you have to easily gain muscle (all that testosterone flowing in) to put on as much lean mass as possible.

If you want to cut calories, a low-hanging fruit are the chocolate hoops you’re having at breakfast. Replace that with more nutritious items like eggs, fruits, unflavoured greek yoghurt etc.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes