Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories in tim hortons coffee..

Ok specifically this is when I have tim hortons coffee. 

Everything I read says 400 for a large triple triple tim hortons coffee for example. Xl  is 500 calories..supposively.

I am wondering what others count this as because I have a feeling counting them as these numbers is putting my body in a stressed out state. I remember I used to only count them as 200 calories and ended up losing weight easily. 

I drink a lot of coffee and this is the only explanation I can come up with as to why it's taking my body so much longer to repair then in the past. Just wondering if anyone can relate/agree or I am just crazy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I don't understand.

Counting them as those numbers is putting your body into a stressed state?

How is that?

I mean if you counted it as 200, but it was actually 400-500, really doesn't matter what you do on paper.

You counting them as 200 in logging didn't magically make them only have 200 if it was really a 400 cal drink.

Taking body longer to repair than in the past?

I think there is much more to the story you have left out to make sense of this.

BTW - doesn't matter if you log a best estimate of calories, or a terrible estimate of calories - your body will be the ultimate log book and show very clearly over time what was actually true.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No I count it as say 500 as it says when you look up the typical numbers for calorie counting. 

But when I do my cortisol increases and my body is stuck in fight/flight mode from not enough calories... but this was a time when i was not really having tim hortons coffee too much so had nothing to do with it. It was way before that period when i had more and it worked out and i counted it as 200. Sorry, i know i am confusing but i was just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences when ounting their calories from it. Take out food is kind of hard and annoying to count properly in my opinion.. i dont really have much of it besides this. 

Best Answer

Ok, so you are counting it as 500 as it is typically shown to be, but you are thinking it must be much less calories, because then overall for the day you discern you are not getting enough calories , because of effects of undereating too much?

Yes - take out is very difficult unless chain fast food where they are pretty specific about quantities used so as not to waste money giving too much, and don't want customer complaints of giving too little.

I could easily see this as a difficult case, it's probably a top press squirt bottle for the oils and depending on how much a person pushes down, how much air already in the tube, perception of not right so extra partial squirt, ect.

Calorie dense stuff is for sure best counted by weight - and you know they aren't making something like this with a scale and the time that would take.

If you really enjoy it - possible to take your own weighed oil in a vial and just add it?

I'd suggest too that frankly if your body is that on the edge of that kind of stress at your calorie level, that a possibly missing 200 cal for 1 day causes issues - you are eating too little on a consistent basis.

Yes, if you are truly sedentary and average size woman you may be eating 1200, in which case an intended 500 but actual 200 cal drink makes or breaks you since a decent % of your daily calories is now gone, but if you sense that response then just eat a tad more.

I'd suggest more daily calories if this is the case, so this possible missing 200-300 cal doesn't impact your body so bad if it really is gone.

Losing fast isn't the way to long term success, if you are attempting to lose weight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer