Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories in vs. Calories Out Graph on Dashboard

ANSWERED
I'm new and plan to use my Fit Bit as a tool to help keep me on track. However, I'm a little confused.

Can someone explain the difference between "Goal" and "Under" in the Calories in vs. Calories Out ? The "Over" seems very straightforward. I have taken in fewer calories than expended. I thought that would qualify as Goal, but instead it classifies my results as Under.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The Goal is an estimate using what it thinks you'll burn by midnight.  The over/under is based on where you actually are in the middle of the day.

ie. right now, before dinner I show 1074 cals left to eat.  It's assuming that I'll burn 3004 calories, so everything is based on the number 2004.

However, I've been a slug all day and have only burned 2240 so far.  If I had eaten over 1240 so far it would show as over.  Today I will be over after dinner by a bit, but will burn enough that it's okay.

Hmmm... not sure I've made that super clear either.   Smiley LOL

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

The Goal is an estimate using what it thinks you'll burn by midnight.  The over/under is based on where you actually are in the middle of the day.

ie. right now, before dinner I show 1074 cals left to eat.  It's assuming that I'll burn 3004 calories, so everything is based on the number 2004.

However, I've been a slug all day and have only burned 2240 so far.  If I had eaten over 1240 so far it would show as over.  Today I will be over after dinner by a bit, but will burn enough that it's okay.

Hmmm... not sure I've made that super clear either.   Smiley LOL

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually made it easy to understand. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm feeling much the same way!  I am trying to work between what I take in and what I burn!  The numbers keep changing.  I'm feeling as though I should alway be in the "under budget"  area.  When I'm in the "zone"  am I doing  just enough to maintain or am I in the burning zone.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm with you. Totally confused as to if I need a level accepted within goal or should be under, and how much under to actually lose weight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes