Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories

I want to know if the calories the fitbit says you've burned (without exercising) is taken away from the caloric goal

For example if my goal is to not eat more than 1600 calories a day and my Fitbit says I've burned 1706 calories...how does this work towards weight loss ? Granted I do work out daily but this is just calories it's showing I've burned without working out. I'm confused! 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Everyone has something called a TDEE. This is what you burn doing normal everyday activities as well as the calories you use to just function at rest. When you exercise your allotted calorie amount will increase based on the number of calories you burned during exercise but keep in mind it’s just an estimate. If you want to lose fat, you will have to be below that total number you have burned for the day (deficit in calories). There is a setting on your Fitbit dashboard where you can adjust how big of a deficit you want to do and will deduct those calories from your allotted calories to eat for the day. This number will increase as the day goes on if you look on your dashboard throughout the day. Your fitbit averages out how many calories you usually burn in a day and adjusts your allotted calorie goal for the day based on how much you burn on average. I hope this helped.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Where do I go to do adjust the settings? I'm not familiar with the
settings, and want aware I could do that!
Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a “tile” on your fitbit dashboard that will say “under”. Hover your mouse over that tile and click on settings (looks like a gear). You make your adjustments in there and then click “done”.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like this but may have different numbers on.

Capture.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes