Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carb Cycling

Hello all, I wanted to see if anyone has heard of/tried carb cycling.

I've been actively trying to lose weight for 12 weeks now and have lost 14 lbs. I'm incredibly happy with the results from just cutting calories, but I've hit a plateau. My boyfriend just told me about carb cycling- something he's trying to do. He doesn't have much fat to lose, but it should help him with his goal of building lean mass. I'm looking for someone who has tried it to lose weight though. What were your struggles? How did you push through that type of diet change?

Any advice at all will help. As I've mentioned I've really only cut calories, but I'm at the point now where I need to actually adjust the quality of calories I'm consuming. Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@mrolling03 wrote:

I wanted to see if anyone has heard of/tried carb cycling.

I recently asked for opinions about Lyle McDonald's books on another Fitbit forum. @raychulj mentioned she read The Ultimate Diet 2.0. I believe the  "carb manipulation" she refers to in her reply is a variation of "carb cycling".

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're right, It is a form of carb cycling. Very low carbohydrates and reduced calories for most of the week with a refeed on the rest day if I remember correctly. The calculations for how many carbs to refeed is sort of complicated. I did the diet about 4 years ago and didn't know my body the way I do now. If I did it now, I wouldn't have cut my calories as low. I like how McDonald explains the physiology behind the diet. He manages to make it interesting, enjoyable to read, and somehow simple without dumbing it down. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried carb cycling and  for me it doesnt work i feel like crap when i do it, but i know others who swear by it. try it and see how your body responds.

Best Answer
0 Votes

http://mikescarbcyclejourney.blogspot.com/

I have been reading up on the carb cycling and have recently started it.  I am trying to log my results.  Hoping that it helps as a form of writting down the food intake.  Hoping that it has the results for me that it has for others, but as others have commented on your post each body will react differently

Best Answer
0 Votes