Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change calorie intake on android app

ANSWERED

Can you change the calorie limit to a specific number on an android phone?  I just switched to an android and I had a set number of calories I could eat a day but now all it will give me is a calorie deficit. I want to be able to set a non changing number for each day. Is this possible on an android?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
@Abigailm wrote:

Can you change the calorie limit to a specific number on an android phone?  I just switched to an android and I had a set number of calories I could eat a day but now all it will give me is a calorie deficit. I want to be able to set a non changing number for each day. Is this possible on an android?

@Abigailm - I just checked, and I couldn't find a way.  However, you can set a manual calorie target in the PC browser app (using a non-intuitive and left-handed process), and I think that target will sync over to the Android app.  

Here's the highly confusing method to set a manual calorie target in the PC browser Dashboard:

1.  Hover over the knife and fork food widget.

2.  A little gear will appear on the lower left.

3.  Click on the gear.

4.  A Food Plan will appear

5.  Click on Plan Intensity

6.  An "Edit Weight Plan" dialog box will appear.

7.  Click on "Next" in the lower right hand corner

8.  A "Food Plan" dialog screen will appear.

9.  At the bottom of the screen, written in a teeny-tiny font, you may be able to make out the phrase, "Set my own calorie target" if you have your reading glasses on

10.  Click on that barely discernable phrase, assuming you have the fine motor skills to do so

11.  A "Manual Calorie Consumption Target" screen will appear

12.  Set your calorie target

13.  Click Done

I have no idea how I figured this out.  Give it a try and see if it works.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4
@Abigailm wrote:

@Abigailm - I just checked, and I couldn't find a way.  However, you can set a manual calorie target in the PC browser app (using a non-intuitive and left-handed process), and I think that target will sync over to the Android app.  

Here's the highly confusing method to set a manual calorie target in the PC browser Dashboard:

1.  Hover over the knife and fork food widget.

2.  A little gear will appear on the lower left.

3.  Click on the gear.

4.  A Food Plan will appear

5.  Click on Plan Intensity

6.  An "Edit Weight Plan" dialog box will appear.

7.  Click on "Next" in the lower right hand corner

8.  A "Food Plan" dialog screen will appear.

9.  At the bottom of the screen, written in a teeny-tiny font, you may be able to make out the phrase, "Set my own calorie target" if you have your reading glasses on

10.  Click on that barely discernable phrase, assuming you have the fine motor skills to do so

11.  A "Manual Calorie Consumption Target" screen will appear

12.  Set your calorie target

13.  Click Done

I have no idea how I figured this out.  Give it a try and see if it works.

Best Answer

@Abigailm: do you mean you previously had an iPhone and you could do it in the iOS app?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I messed around and tried this after I posted the question. It does work!  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes!  I found out how to do it though. The other comment on this post has instructions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes