Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chats, Challenges & Laughs 2nd home

ANSWERED

For all my Chats, Challenges & Laughs peeps! Since we can't get on the threads I thought I would start a discussion area for us. We may not be able to keep track of points standings easily but we can still talk.

I miss you!

Best Answer
2,024 REPLIES 2,024

Hello guys! So glad to see you here. Thank you everyone for being a part of this group. I'm so grateful for you all!

Last Fri, Sat, & Sun we had a family get together at a cabin including kids and grand kids for a total of 20 people. I was still getting over my illness and really had an extra difficult time with the avalanche of snacks and sweets that were a part of that. I held off until Sunday, but after being up in the middle of the night with a severe sore throat and fears of being sick again, I ate off plan the whole day and that continued until yesterday. I'm very grateful to have a day and a half back on plan and have discussed lessons learned with my husband.

Today I bought 2 Keto cookbooks, saved a number of recipes, and order a few products I need for baking. I plan to head into our next family get together (in March) with a few tasty keto dishes that should help me stay on track.

Best Answer

One great thing about this format is that we can now share pictures!

20180203_125607.jpg Last weekend I was able to introduce my grand son to horseback riding! Horses have been one of my life's greatest passion and it was a big deal to share this with him. 

I found a stable just north of Smoky Mountain National Park that allows adults to double with kids under 5yrs. It was cold and nasty outside and the ride was a bit too long for his first outing, but I am still very grateful we got to do this together!

Best Answer

I just messaged Steve, Carol, Jennifer, and Antigoni. Also let CJ know. Who else are we missing? I messaged Brenda a few days ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had 4 points daily  since Fitbit Killed the webpage community to this style Forum type

Best Answer
0 Votes

Insane 5K  going down a 2 story slideInsane 5K going down a 2 story slideWife , Daughter and IWife , Daughter and I

Best Answer

what fun! Love the pics.

5 for Friday, yay!

Best Answer

Hi Everyone,

I have really missed our group.  Thanks Celeste for setting this up & thanks Sherry for letting me know about it.  I've been doing well with my steps and exercise but my bad eating habits are creeping in again.

Hopefully,  Fitbit will get there act together & fix the forums, but I don't see it happening.  Like the adage says "hope for the best but prepare for tne worst" or words to that effect.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Friday

Love the pics. Silver lining to this  "bump". My food choices have become the biggest challenge. I wish I could figure out why so I can make the necessary adjustments . The gym at work started offering a Friday afternoon yoga class. It's the same instructor as Wednesdays but this one's only 45 minutes (vs 60 on Wed). Great way to transition from workweek to weekend! Heading out later today to take our daughter out for her Birthday dinner. I'm not excited about the three hour round trip in the pouring rain but it could be worse in February in this part of the country.

Best Answer

Steve, where are you that you can be wearing shorts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After feeling like I’d been hit by a truck yesterday, I feel okay this morning. A few cleaning chores, then sewing. Sleet is supposed to move in this afternoon so I’m planning on staying in until church tomorrow. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you eat on keto? My girlfriend is on it and she refuses to have FRUIT.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally figured this out!!!  Driving around in the rain while the kids are at Greek school- sooo not walking weather. I would have loved to walk off my lox and onion omelette. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

These were in Sept 2016 and Oct  2017, Rochester, NY

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fruit is tough in Keto - sugar and Carbs , I am no expert

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

Love the pics, Steve!

Antigoni, so glad you found your way here! As for the fruit/keto issue, you can have a few berries and not go over on your 20 total carbs per day goal, but most fruit has too many carbs to fit in the plan. Most of the keto advice I've read says it's ideal to focus on leafy greens for the bulk of your carbs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 for Friday, missed water

Day 2, Feb 9

Carbs = 18 g, 6%, total is fine, percentage is a little high

Protein = 79g, 25%, high

Fat = 69%, low

Calories = 1218

Steps = 11572

Exercise = 40 min very slow jog

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone talked to Sherrie? I messaged her the link.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Elaine, hope you are feeling better.  I think I can see I've got the better weather today, not too warm but still quite muggy, but I will take that over sleet.  Due to the problems I haven't been keeping a record of my points.  Are we still continuing with them during the time we couldn't access the group.  I know I have hit my steps everyday and kept up my water & exercise, but I have been slack with the logging and of course couldn't post.  I'll start today recording my points.  Will there be a Sunday challenge?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m not planning a Sunday challenge. Hopefully we can get everyone on board soon. I don’t think Fitbit is very concerned about our group.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

4 points for Saturday

Best Answer
0 Votes