Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chats, Challenges & Laughs 2nd home

ANSWERED

For all my Chats, Challenges & Laughs peeps! Since we can't get on the threads I thought I would start a discussion area for us. We may not be able to keep track of points standings easily but we can still talk.

I miss you!

Best Answer
2,024 REPLIES 2,024

For the record... I’ve had 4’s across the board this month... forgot to check in -

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 for Saturday

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 points for Sunday 11/2

Been to the pictures a lot lately.  In the past 10 days I've seen three movies that are up for best picture at the Oscars.  "The Post", "Darkest Hours" & "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri".  All very good films.  I think "Three Billboards" will win but I also think "Darkest Hours" is in with a shot.

Started recording points again today.  A bit confused about this site.  Do we just reply to the most recent post or to the Captain of our teams (I'm a bit slow with all this stuff)?

It has been great reading everyone's posts.  Have missed everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. First "thanks" to Sherry for messaging me to let me know about this. And second, I've missed you all. At the end of September I had more hours thrown on me at work and am just now beginning to see daylight.

Unfortunately, I have also gained a lot of weight. (McDonald's is just down the street). I'm at 330 lbs. and it's the highest my weight has ever been. UGH!

I'm so glad Celeste started this discussion. I loved reading up on all your adventures and the pictures!

I'm eager to get back on track. Next week my husband and I are starting our foster parent classes. I need to lose some weight before we have small children running around here Smiley Happy

As for points, I have pretty much been pointless lately. So I'll start with posting every day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 for Saturday (unless I can count my 2 glasses of wine as water....)

It wasn't raining nearly as hard as I had thought it would be as we drove to visit our daughter. We had a nice dinner out with her and a few of her friends. While I would go back to the restaurant again, it wouldn't necessarily be my first choice. This is her second year at school and we still have several more restaurants to try.

Jan - you can just hit reply on the latest post.

Elaine - I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm sure the dreary weather isn't helping.

Brenda - so good to hear from you again. It's so easy to get thrown off our game when something unexpected crops up. Have your hours been cut back, or have you gotten used to the new schedule?

There are still a lot of CC&L members who posted regularily that I haven't seen here - Elizabeth, Sherrie, Ellen, Michelle, Carol among others. If anyone is friends with any of them on the fitbit site, please reach out to them and let them know where we are. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 points for Saturday.

Brenda, it’s so good to hear from you. Posting should help you get started even if you don’t think you’ll make progress.

I, too, am at my highest weight. I am feeling better, mostly by eating better and keeping busy instead of snoozing in the recliner.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Folks!  This is Sherrie.  Got a message from Sherry about this thread...most of Team 1 has been communicating on FaceBook Messenger so I sent them the link to this thread. My FitBit One bit the dust...it syncs but it won't record anything...tech support was unable to help and said that they don't do repairs...they don't make the One anymore.  Elizabeth is going to send me her old One.  No step recording for now.

I've started going to a Silver Sneakers exercise class twice a week...I am the youngest and the fattest...I really enjoy it.

We have been having ridiculously nice weather and many rhododendrons are in bloom.

IMG_7472.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Antigoni - Good job on your points! Has your company gone home?

Steve - looks like you have a good streak going on your logging goals.

Jan - Hubby and I have been wanting to see "Darkest Hour", glad to hear a good review!
Brenda - so glad you connected with us here. You are going to be foster parents??? WOW. 

Elaine - it's amazing how big a difference it makes to eat better and stay busy. I tend to get so very depressed in the winter and then I do less which just makes me feel worse. UGH.

Sherrie - So glad to hear from you! Your bush is gorgeous! Thanks for linking Team 1 folks here, it would be so great to stay in touch.

It's a rainy gray day here and I'm snuggling with my dog!

20170811_133556.jpg

Best Answer

5 for Sat

Day 3

Carbs = 16, 6%

Calories = 1111

Steps = 11572

Exercise = 1 hour slow jog. UGH so boring.

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 pts for sunday

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had a very busy weekend with lots of movement. Back to the desk today, next to no  movement.

I dont know if anyone is interested in this idea but Facebook has a great "Groups" set up.

Someone starts a group and the people ask to join.

The groups are private groups and posts are private to the group.

I belong to a few groups myself for things that I am interested in and I run  buy/sell group for plant enthusiasts. 

Could be an option if Fitbit dont set the activity groups back up.

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I will have 1 point for Sunday.

My hours have been cut back Margaret, so now I can concentrate on ME.

Sherry your dog is adorable! I'm a sucker for a cute dog.

Hope everyone is well and keeping warm (in the US anyway).

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 points for Monday 12/2

Jacqueline - I like the idea of  private Facebook page - not that I know how that works!  I've read that Fitbit have identified the problem and are working on a fix but there is no time frame given. When you consider how long it took to fix the active minutes problem last year, I'm not not holding my breath.

Brenda - I hope you do get to enjoy some ME time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

LW- 208.4

CW- 208.2

UGW- 150

Down a bit but wish it was more. Again, I know what I did last week...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!!!!!  I found you through the help of Sherry O.  I haven't synced my fitbit since November 22nd.  Not sure when I will.  Maybe March 1st.  On January 29th, I joined WW online only.  The one class near me is on Monday mornings - must be for retirees lol.  My sister goes and she's been a big help getting used to the new freestyle.  I like it.  Girl scout cookies had me trying to live on 0 points yesterday.  We didn't have a lot of free proteins in the house and didn't feel like pigging out on canned veggies.  I ended up using 8 points.  What was great is that I didn't give up.  Even this morning when I only lost .8 lbs in my 3rd week; and that was after snowshoeing both Saturday and Sunday.  What helped is that I prayed out it before I weighed in ... afterwards I reminded myself of my prayers and that this isn't a 'how much I can lose; how fast'.  The plan is to retire in 19 months and I really want to be an active retiree.

PS - Missed you all!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CJ_Here - Glad you found us! Good for you on the prayerful attitude, I might just need to adopt that for myself.

Here's to a better week for all of us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t know where to reply with points or whatever ... but I am still running at a steady 4. Since my husband is now working, I’m also trying to get back to a part time schedule, so that I can take care of the midgets after school ... 

6711526C-CBF1-4F9F-B82B-DAAD6179B34C.jpeg

And look! BLACK BELT!

Best Answer

3 for Sunday

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jaqueline - I'm more than happy to migrate to a private Facebook page if that's what everyone wants to do. This format is not the greatest. Even when I changed my settings to show the newest post first, you have to be on the right page for that to work seamlessly. I hate the idea of supporting Facebook for a variety of reasons, but that format might be the best, and we really do need a place where we can share pictures.

Brenda - I am so so glad you are posting here! Getting connected is a huge part of making progress! And most of all we miss you! Thanks for the comment about my dog, he's is indeed a cutie, but he's also a cybernetic killing machine, which is a whole 'nother story.

CJ - Oh it does my heart so much good for you to reconnect here and to hear that you are getting into the WW groove! I want to see snow shoeing pictures. And amen to bringing God into this process! I've got this neat God thing I do - I used to have a hard time with stairs because of knee pain, and now it's gone, so every time I bounce freely down our stairs, I say a prayer!

Antigoni - OH my GOODNESS. That is huge. Tell us more about your kids! As for points, just reply to any post and list them here. What one point are you missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turns out I have to replace my new Charge 2. It isn't syncing consistently so they are going to send me a replacement. While I had Fitbit on the phone today, I asked about the progress of the problem with Activity Groups. Nothing new - engineers are working on it. But, I did get a case number if anyone wants to call and check on it.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes