Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chats, Challenges & Laughs 2nd home

ANSWERED

For all my Chats, Challenges & Laughs peeps! Since we can't get on the threads I thought I would start a discussion area for us. We may not be able to keep track of points standings easily but we can still talk.

I miss you!

Best Answer
2,024 REPLIES 2,024
4 for Tuesday
Best Answer
0 Votes

5 points for Wednesday 14/2

Best Answer

Tues - 3 pts

No sleep last night.  Back at work today; hope it goes by fast!

@sherryoglesby I have gotten really connected with WW community, but overall like the program.

Hope everyone has a warm and happy Valentine's Day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Tuesday

Yes - morning workouts Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I do classes Monday afternoons, Wednesday afternoons, Thursday mornings and Friday afternoons. Now to get as diligent about planning my meals / making healthy food choices! I have found that I am sleeping much better on those days when I work out in the mornings. With Spring right around the corner, I'm going to add morning walks on Saturdays and Sundays as well.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Margaret - that is fabulous on your workouts. Are you feeling extra energy from all of that? You must be to continue to get up early and go. No doubt that will help as you work toward meal planning!

CJ - why no sleep last night? As for WW, I just love reading through the positive stories. I haven't really made "friends" there. Have you been posting? 

Jan - way to go on your 5 points! My daughter and son in law are going to see "The Post" this weekend - it really does look good. Unfortunately I'm soured on all things Hollywood (and entertainment in general) due to all the political nastiness. It takes me out of story when I'm watching a film and sometimes even when I'm listening to music.

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 for Tues, missed water 

Day 6

Carbs = 21g, 9% - that percentage is definitely too high

Fat = 76%, ok

Protein = 36g, 15% too low

Calories = 968, too low

Steps = 11267

Exercise = 30 min very slow jog

Got very little sleep on Mon night and was sluggish all day Tues, especially working out at about 7pm. Eating was strange yesterday. On keto, I normally eat 2 good sized meals - yesterday I was so snacky. Not a good idea.

We applied for our passports yesterday for our upcoming trip to Mexico. I've got a bucket list activity planned for our trip:

000 bucket list whale shark.jpg

Have a great day everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Forgot Tues weight in

Current weight = 157.6

Down 3 pounds from last week

47.4 lbs down from highest weight in 2013

25 pounds down since restart in late November

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've seen the update re the Fitbit Forums.  They are still working on the problem and don't give a time frame.  I think they underestimated the impact this problem has caused.  I've seen several posts where people say they stay with Fitbit because of the private groups where they can share, support and encourage others, and will look to other devices when they need to update if the problem is not fixed.  And there are other groups like ours with challenges.  Lots of people seem to have got demotivated by not being able to share thoughts with their Fitbit friends.. I must admit I was one until this "temp" group was set up.

Although this is not the best format it is great to see peoples photos and that we are talking in one big group rather than in individual teams.  I was wondering that IF and when the activity groups are back in action we move back to that but keep this forum open for photos.  Just a suggestion but maybe we could keep the chats going in one place and just report daily points to a team.

Sherry - Where are you going in Mexico?  What are some of the things on your bucket list?  I have never thought about a bucket list.  My parents went over the border into Mexico last time they were in California but I have never been.  "The Post" is a political film but it is of its time and I found it very interesting.  I don't know a lot about American politics but the film didn't seem to be biased against either of your main political parties.

Margaret - great effort with your exercises.

Celeste - very good with managing to still have the same Fitbit.  I'm still using the original Flex but I am on my third.  Not sure what I'll do when this one packs up, I'll be left with lots of bands as I colour coordinate my Fitbit band with what I am wearing (black is always a backup if I can't match!).

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 for Tuesday. I splurged on a donut, which led to another, and ended up giving me a headache and lethargy.

I enjoy being in one group.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

4 points  for Wednesday . Happy Valentines day to you'all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 for Wednesday.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had 1 point for Monday and 0 for yesterday.

Didn't have time to post last night. We started our foster parent training last evening. It is once a week until April. We have a home inspection next week. We are planning on fostering infants. There is a great need for that here.

I also love seeing everyone's photos. I too like the way we are all "together" instead of  in teams. Makes sharing nicer Smiley Happy

Hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day. I had a craft activity with the patients at one of our nursing homes yesterday. It was fun. Then I got to go food shopping with money collected from my co-workers for one of our clients and his family. There are quite a few poverty stricken people on hospice.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Wednesday

Working out in the morning gives me a higher level of energy throughout the day. I feel like I am more productive on those days when I work out in the morning. I've also found that because I'm getting up earlier, I'm also going to bed earlier AND falling asleep faster and staying asleep longer. Because I'm drinking more earlier in the day, I also seem to not be getting up as much to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. So many benefits I hadn't even considered when I decided to switch up my routine. The original reasons I did it was to ensure consistency AND try something new since after the holidays I was having a really hard time getting back to my old routine.

I too like having us all in one place and chatting together and the ability to post pictures. BUT I also like the "sub topics" (weekly weigh in, badges, NSV, etc) of the other forum as they let me focus on the topic at hand and if I don't have a lot of time, I can just look at what I have time for at the moment. Also, as a team captain, compiling points is much easier with separate team threads.

Losing the forum was a bit de-motivating for me. I'm really glad we (Celeste) created this alternative. I've found the daily accountability to be much more helpful than the weekly accountability of WW - not that I'm giving that up. Even though I am the poster child for slowing taking the weight off, I am still a firm believer in their program.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 points for Thursday 15/2

I think I have overdone the exercise.  My knee & back are sore, I think I'll be resting up tomorrow.  I did almost a three hour workout today - I did take breaks but all up I did nearly three hours of actual exercise, my cut off point is normally hours max.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wed - 3 pts

I like everyone together, but understand that keeping track of team points on here would be difficult.  For now, we are making it work.  Maybe this is the time all of us need to get back in tune with our individual goals and have one big group to be accountable to.

Sherry - Are you somewhere in that fish picture?  If so, I can only imagine what's on your bucket list - pretty adventuresome life you must lead.  

I have four chocolates last night for Valentine's Day - 15 WW points lol.  It was worth it though.  Now the rest will be a one a day kind of treat (Jim only got me a 10 count box).  I had given hubby a few 100 calorie snack chocolate bars, that he enjoyed, too.  We have changed so much in the last month and are both excited about our new healthy life style.  It's been three years for me in this Chat community.  I had been 2 lbs over my starting weight from back then, but because of WW, I'm now 8 lbs lighter than my 2015 starting weight.  I have 25 lbs to go to get down to my lowest weight in 2016.

2018 SW 280

CW 270

1st Goal - 245

2nd Goal - 199

Final Goal - 180 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone!

I don't see a problem with having both this 'discussion' area AND the group area open (if it ever gets fixed). Or we can just add a 'group chat' thread on the group area (if it ever gets fixed). Pictures and life stories are fun to follow.

2 points for Tuesday

0 points for Wednesday - Hubby had a colonoscopy yesterday, his first (after a failed cleansing last time) since his cancer diagnosis. Everything was good except they saw some internal, radiation caused irritation and the stricturing is returning. Now to see what the doctor says once he goes over the results.

@Jan2512 - I actually was getting a skin irritation from the fitbit bands and bought a group of 12 different colored silicone bands with watch type clasps off of Amazon so I color coordinate too. I have already decided to go with a flex 2 when mine finally dies and will get a new bunch of bands for that also. Great marketing to put the lights in a different place so you HAVE to get new bands to go with it.

SherryO - Swimming with whale sharks on your bucket list? Wow you dream big! LOL!

Once again my eating habits have been deteriorating. I have figured that I am scared of leaving my comfort (and comfort eating) zone and am going to spend some time trying to find out what I'm actually scared of. Time for some deeper soul searching.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts. It is so good to hear more from each of you. I'd like to chime in and say what a HUGE difference it makes to me to stay in touch and accountable to each of you. Losing that temporarily was a big wake up call on the importance of staying connected. As I look back on the 4 years since I got my Fitbit, I realize the only time I have made progress on changing my eating habits was when I was closely connected here. Again I'd like to say thank you to everyone. I really hope we can stay in touch in what ever format works for everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Celeste - a huge YES to the soul searching. Letting go of an addiction IS a scary thing and I think you are wise and brave to dig deeper. Everyone has a unique path to recovery and change, but it makes sense to honestly explore the why's.

It was great to hear your husband's colonoscopy was clear. Does stricturing create a blockage? Sending prayers for you both.

CJ - you guys are on to something big with the changes you are making. SO GLAD you are hear to share! 

Jan - whoa. A 3 hour workout? What did you do? Sounds like a rest is a good idea!

Margaret - love hearing about the difference your AM workouts have made. Amen to the benefits of Weight Watchers. Great job on your 5's!

Brenda - what inspired you to foster infants? So admirable. Talk about making a difference. What do you do? Loved hearing about some of the great things you are involved in. 

Waving hi to KD, Steve, And Elaine!

Have a great day, guys!

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Wed

Day 6

Carbs - 20g

Calories - 1165

Steps - 12932

Exercise - 45 min slow jog with light intervals

Weight = 157 new low! 48 lbs down from highest weight

Worked really hard to stay in bounds yesterday. Hubby took me to a very romantic restaurant for dinner and it was wonderful. Had a glass of expensive cabernet, sauteed mushrooms, and a truly delicious filet. I am so grateful he made the effort and that was the best steak I've had in many years. The wine was a big treat also. I spent quite a lot of time savoring it. Most of all, it was wonderful to spend that kind of time with him.

Best Answer

About the whale sharks/bucket list stuff

CJ - nope, not in the picture unfortunately

Jan - my life is very mundane punctuated with a few adventurous things. I'm not very far along on a bucket list. For so many years our lives were dominated by fear, worry, and efforts to help our daughter, so it's taken me a while to start dreaming again. 

Our trip to Mexico will start where ever the whale sharks are feeding this year, most likely in the waters off Isla Mujeres or possibly Isla Holbox, which are both near Cancun. Next we will head south to Akumal to hang out on the beach, enjoy local food and people, snorkel with sea turtles, visit the ruins in Tulum and Chichen Itza, and swim in a cenote. That includes a whopping 4 bucket list items! Time number 3 if we get to swim with turtles, but first time for the whale sharks, ruins, and cenote swimming.

This is cenote Xkeken:

000 cenote.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes