Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chats, Challenges & Laughs 2nd home

ANSWERED

For all my Chats, Challenges & Laughs peeps! Since we can't get on the threads I thought I would start a discussion area for us. We may not be able to keep track of points standings easily but we can still talk.

I miss you!

Best Answer
2,024 REPLIES 2,024

Hello everybody!  So good to have found you all. I kind of love/ hate this new format. Love that everyone is together so we can get to know the other teams better. It’s gotten to be a pretty small group and I have loved reading your posts and “getting to know you”. I love the pictures. But the format sucks. Hopefully we can find a great way to stay together. 

I have dropped about 5 pounds this month. Can’t eat worth a darn when I’m super stressed. Then weight comes back with a vengeance when I start to be able to eat again. 

Hope to post more and catch up more later. Good to see you all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 pts for Thursday

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 points for Wednesday and Thursday 

I’m leaving tomorrow morning for another scrapbooking weekend with a friend. I think I have all my supplies packed and I always take way more than I could ever use but I’m afraid of needing something I forgot. 

You all amaze me with your enthusiasm and progress. I really enjoy catching up with everyone in one place. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 for Thursday
Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Thursday 2/15

I'm almost at two weeks straight of tracking every day. One of the requirements of the weight loss challenge I am participating in at work to earn points for my team is to track food and activity for four weeks. Great incentive and certainly a long enough period to turn it into a habit. Besides writing down what I've eaten, I need to take the next step and also track WW points or calories consistently. I'll get there - everything is baby steps for me. I had my midpoint weigh in this morning and have lost 2 lbs since the challenge started - right on track for my 2018 goal of losing 30 lbs this year but no where near what I needed to do to reach the aggressive 15 lb loss I had set as a goal for the challenge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thursday - 3 pts

Wow, I'm inspired to do something!  Scrapbook, cenote swimming, hold an infant, set specific goals, create a bucket list (with more than just get enough sleep), get 4 points; heck get 5 points!  Congrats to all of us for caring enough about ourselves and others to live; really live ... in ... the ... moment ... Amen and God Bless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

2 points for Thursday

Had a bunch of running around to do so have not yet taken any time for my deeper searching. I'm trying to decide if I want to try to start a 15 minute meditation time or a 15 minute walk every day to get into my own head and see where it's at and why. I might alternate days....hmmmm.

Sherry O - Hubby's stricturing is not a blockage but a progressive tightening/closing of the necessary orafice we all have. It can be resolved with progressive physical stretching/opening, something he has had done previously.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody!

Michelle - so glad to see you here! Good for you on the weight loss, but sorry to hear about the stress. Is it work stuff? 

Elaine - enjoy the scrap booking and send us pics!

Margaret - good for you on the tracking and on your weight loss! I continue to be inspired by your progress!

CJ - laughed at your comment of coming up with a bucket list item besides more sleep. So pony up, give us one bucket list idea next time you post! Lovin' your enthusiasm. Next time you eat off plan or get discouraged, remember how you are feeling now!

Waving hi to KD and Steve and hoping to hear from more Team 1 folks! We miss you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been such a good thing to share dreams with you all, so I want to tell you about one in the pipeline. 

000 wind river.jpg000 WR22.jpg

000 Diamond Ranch.jpg

Horse packing in the Wind River Mountains of Wyoming!

There is a ranch that is completely off the grid, and located deep in the Wind River Range at an elevation of 9200'. Our plan is stay there for 2 nights, do an overnight pack, and then head over to Jackson Hole for hiking and biking in the Grand Tetons. There is a wonderful 20 mile bike path there called the "Grand Teton Multi-use Pathway" that will make for a great ride, and the Jackson Hole area sound really fun in general!

Here's Jenny Lake - one of the stops along the bike path:

000 jenny lake jackson hole.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Thurs

Day 8

16 Carbs, percentages on target

1158 calories

13602 steps

34 min slow jog at the gym

30 min slow jog outside with dog and hubby

1 full body circuit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sherry, that looks amazing.

4 for Friday

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 pts for Friday..

Sherry =I 'd like to retire anywhere in those pictures...

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 points for Friday 16/2.

Today was a great day.  I went to Melbourne to watch the Rugby League World Club Challenge.  My team the Melbourne Storm (the Premiers of the Australian National Rugby League) played Leeds Rhinos (the Premiers of the English Super Rugby League).  We won 38 to 4.

Sherry - I agree it has been great "chatting" in one place.  I love the connections we have all forged.  My three hour was just about one hour low impact aerobics and two hours of Wii exercises.  I have to take regular breaks due to my osteoarthritis.  It sounds like you and hubby had a lovey Valentines, you deserve it.  I've been to Jackson Hole back in the 90's.  My brother & I did a coach tour.  We mostly travelled around California and Nevada but also went to Arizona, Utah, Idaho & Wyoming.  I'm loving the pictures you are posting.

Celeste - Glad to hear your hubby's test results were good.  How's the 15 mins walking/meditation going?  I have never managed meditation.  I don't think my mind ever switches off.

Elaine - How did the scrap booking weekend go?

CJ - good on you and hubby with your commitment to a healthy lifestyle.

Margaret - very good on your weight loss & commitment to food tracking.

Michelle - happy you have lost 5 pounds but it is a shame it is due to stress.  I'm the reverse when I am stressed I don't want to stop eating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 points for Saturday 17/2

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Friday

Have a great weekend all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

2 for Friday

Best Answer
0 Votes

Friday - 3 pts

So, Sherry, after thinking this morning, I realized hubby and I have had a bucket list item for years.  We both want to see the redwoods, but have to wait until I retire since I don't fly.  Fall 2019.redwoods.jpe

Best Answer
0 Votes

KD - thanks! Good for you on the extra point. Which ones are you struggling to get? The one that is hardest for me right now is water. 

Steve - the mountain ones, right? I can just smell the fresh air...

Jan - wow, you guys crushed them! So glad to hear you had a great time. Have you recovered from that long workout? What is your favorite place you've traveled? Glad you are enjoying the pictures. 

Margaret - great job on those 5's! Happy weekend to you too!

CJ - yes yes to the redwoods!!! Did you have a bad experience flying? Which 3 points are you getting? So proud for you and hubby on your changes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Friday

Day 9

18 g carbs, macro percentages within range

1566 calories, 520 under according to MFP, but higher than ideal

11763 steps

30 min walk brisk pace

25 min slow job with light intervals

Weight = 156.4, new low! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Grr....things on the healthy front are just not going well. I've got to buckle down. Winter just seems to de-motivate me for some reason. Any advice guys?

@sherryoglesby- The reason for fostering is that I really miss my kids and I love babies. We will probably foster kids age 3 and under. My grown-up job is Volunteer Coordinator for Compassus hospice. I'm not sure how infants and some of my volunteering activities are going to mix but I'm going to give it a go. Congrats on reaching 156.4 lbs. That is awesome!

@CJ_HereI don't really have a bucket list. Or maybe I do and just haven't thought about it yet. I try to do the things that I want to do now. Working in hospice has kind of inspired me not to put things off because you just never know.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday.

Best Answer
0 Votes