Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chats, Challenges & Laughs 2nd home

ANSWERED

For all my Chats, Challenges & Laughs peeps! Since we can't get on the threads I thought I would start a discussion area for us. We may not be able to keep track of points standings easily but we can still talk.

I miss you!

Best Answer
2,024 REPLIES 2,024

Sorry that I've been MIA for a few days.

Saturday was a 2 - water and posting

Sunday was a 1 = freebie

Monday was a big fat 0

I'm back on track. I think... I seem to do fairly well during the week when there are schedules and structure, but the weekend comes and all H*** breaks loose.

Sherrie - Wow, I've seen many pictures of Redwoods but apparently never with a person in the photo to give me perspective.

Sherry - I hope your grandson is feeling better soon.

My only advice to those who are struggling is to pick one thing to focus on. For me, if I try to do too much at once, I get overwhelmed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Monday - 3

I joined the health club across the street from my work. This morning I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and lifted some weights. I also stayed on my eating plan. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 points for Tuesday 

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 points for Wednesday 21/2

I did exercise and plenty of walking but I did overeat quite a bit.  Mum's results were not good.  The ultrasound shows the lump in her back to be "suspicious", so she has to have surgery.  We are just waiting for her haematologist to arrange things.  This was the reason for my food intake spike - I feel extremely stressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 points for Tuesday

Good for you on joining the health club Elaine. The fact that it's across the street will make it very convenient for you to go. 

I miss the weekly weigh in thread : ( I'm down two pounds from last week but that weight was higher than my previous weight. I'm on track for losing at least as much this year as last year. I'll need to make up some ground to make my 2018 goal, but I'm not giving up. A new 10 week WW at work session started yesterday and I'm re-energized to start seeing lower numbers consistently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tues - 3 pts / did do some shoeshoeing.

Sorry to hear about your mum's news, Jan.  One day at a time.  One minute at a time.  Prayers for her and you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tuesday - 5 (I even stayed on my meal plan!)

This morning I got called into work early and am staying all day as my coworker is sick.  I still went to the health club and did 30 minutes on a recumbent bike.  I packed my food for the day so hopefully I will stick to that and not be sidetracked.

Jan, I'm sorry for your mum's health scare and hopefully it's not serious.  I believe these days doctors are more diligent because of possible liability.  I don't know if Australia is as litigious as the United States, and Illinois in particular, but it's becoming an epidemic that if you get a bad result, somebody owes you, so doctors order more tests than probably necessary. 

CJ, I have never been on snow-shoes but I imagine it's a very good workout.

I will start tracking points from this past Sunday.  I was hoping we would find all our missing people but they can jump in anytime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

just popping in to say hi...missing my FitBit and our FitBit threads...going to my Silver Sneakers class today .. I can only go once this week because of my work schedule

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 point for Wednesday 

Best Answer
0 Votes
blast. 2 for Tuesday.

4 for Wednesday.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wed - 3 pts

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 points for Thursday

I think the problem with the activity groups may have been fixed.  I could access topics and I added a topic "Are We Back" and was able to come out of it and got back into it

Tried to avoid overeating.  Mum has got an appointment for a PET scan next Wednesday, she is now waiting to hear about the biopsy.

CJ - Thank you for your kind words 

Elaine - we are hoping for the best but she has had to incidents of non-hodgkin's lymphoma twice before both in unusual places.  One in her breast which was removed by radiation therapy and one on her head which was removed by surgery.  Australia is not nearly as litigious as the US.  Our medical practitioners usually don't over order procedures.  We have a public system and a private system.  I like the rest of my family have always had private health insurance.  But many Australians do not.  I know when I had my hip replaced that if I didn't have health insurance I would have waited about three years to get it replaced on the public waiting list instead of five weeks as I was private (I was told that I would be in a wheelchair within 18 months if I didn't get it replaced).  Also, the operation cost over $38,000, I was out of pocket about $3500 which is a lot better than paying for it if I didn't have insurance.  However insurance is not cheap it costs my nearly $100 per fortnight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Wednesday

Yes, I saw your post in our "old" forum Jan. Keeping fingers and toes crossed. I wonder how many who didn't make their way here are still checking there and will find their way back ( I hope everyone!)

Keeping your mom in my prayers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do believe the community forum is up and running.  I will make a new post.

I will also notify anyone I am friends with to check for us.

Best Answer

Thursday 4 pts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thurs - 3 pts

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 pts for Friday

Best Answer
0 Votes

restarted my marble jarsrestarted my marble jars

Best Answer
0 Votes

restarted my marble jars -- 80 marbles in the pounds to go jar -- 0 in the pounds lost jar

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to post in our forum, but can't.  I can't see anyones posts, I can see the topics but when I try to access them I get a blank page.  It was working up till yesterday.  I haven't tried my laptop just my tablet.

Best Answer
0 Votes