Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chats, Challenges & Laughs 2nd home

ANSWERED

For all my Chats, Challenges & Laughs peeps! Since we can't get on the threads I thought I would start a discussion area for us. We may not be able to keep track of points standings easily but we can still talk.

I miss you!

Best Answer
2,024 REPLIES 2,024

For some reason, I can’t open threads in the group. 

5 for Wednesday 

Best Answer
0 Votes

me too -- looks like they are down again

Best Answer
0 Votes

C..P - Hopefully, all will find us here again...

5 for Thursday

Working at home today so I doubt I'll get my steps in. Will definitely try to get my 30 minutes of exercise in after work. If the wet snow does stick to our walkway and driveway, I'll also have to shovel. Hopefully we don't lose power.

My trip to Germany this summer is official. I've booked my flights and my sister booked a place for us to stay. Now to work out all the other details. She'll be flying over about a week before me. My daughter will already be there for her 3 week summer study (homestay) program and will be joining us about a week after I get there. Then the three of us will have a full week together.

Sherrie - I really like your marble jars idea and may have to borrow it for myself. If I use my heaviest weight ever as my starting point, I too will have 80 marbles to move. Hopefully the more visuals I surround myself with, the more successful I will be. So far the "skinny" picture that was taken 14 years ago hanging on my refrigerator hasn't been enough. Seeing my passport picture from four years ago was quite the eye opener though! 

Have a good day / great weekend all.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

And here we are again. Forums are down but we have our 2nd home.

3 points for Wednesday - logging, posting and steps!

1 point for Thursday - logging

Sherrie - Love the marbles idea but even more impressed by the view out your window, it gorgeous!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Visuals are important.  I recently realized that I am fat.  I know that sounds ridiculous from someone that is in a group with 75 pounds or more to lose.  I knew that I weighed too much and that excess weight can lead to health problems...but I never realized how huge I look.  My eye opener was joining a Silver Sneakers exercise class -- the room has wall-to-wall floor-to-ceiling mirrors.  I saw my exercising body  and everyone else's bodies at the same time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thurs - 4 pts / First time in over a year that I actually stepped in place with arms moving to get my steps in.  Spring has sprung!

When I first saw the marble jars I thought it was months to your retirement, Sherry LOL - I just shortened my months to retirement by four months so I have retirement on the brain - just under 14 months to go 🙂

I need to find my marbles I bought at the Laura Ingall's historic center in SW MN.  I don't have 100, but I have some big shooter marbles and then cat eyes so I can certainly come up with a system.  And, the view from your window - WOWZERS!!!

I was so disappointed when I couldn't get into the threads.  Happy that this was already established...I knew I would find my FB Buddies 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

9 months to my retirement -- is 14 months when you will be 62 CJ?  My view is pretty awesome...it is the reason we chose this property..we are often looking down on the fog bank.  Day 1 of my recommitment went as planned..that's good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thursday - 5

Today has been a total bummer since I got to work and found someone parked in my parking space, AGAIN!  I won "close parking" for Jan-March in a drawing, which has been great since we lost one of our employee parking lots. 

Boss has been in a crazy mood and questioning procedures that she put in places years ago.

I manually enter test charges that are unique and not in the computer system - I just received one that I have to divide the charge into 33 parts.  In other words, this one test has 33 different codes.

And now our group is down.  It's a good thing I put away the cookies that my granddaughter and I made yesterday afternoon.  She's almost 6 and I've never had that much flour all over my kitchen.  She had a bit of a time distinguishing between the scoop that I keep in the flour container and measuring "cups".  When I told her to put 4 cups of flour in the bowl, she thought I meant 4 scoops.  She had to taste each ingredient and wasn't disgusted by the flour or shortening, but totally disliked the vanilla.

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 points again for both Thursday & Friday - I've been on a 5 point roll lately, but not sure if I'll manage it today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, Elaine - what fun.  Granddaughters are awesome - especially at that age.  Way better than the actual cookies could ever be.

Sherry - I'll be just a couple months past my 59th birthday.  I think you're younger than me.  Are you retiring at 55?

Fri - 3 pts

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 points for Thursday and friday

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is the flipping forum down again??

5 for friday
Best Answer
0 Votes

KD -- yes the forum is down again

CJ -- I'll be 62 in November

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 for Friday

Working from home on a day with pouring rain in the am, snow in the afternoon and 20 - 30 mile per hour winds doesn't equal a good recipie for getting steps. After wroking all day I didn't have the brain power to come up with a 30 minute exercise routine. With the power flashing off and on, popping in a dvd wasn't a realistic option.

All the retirement talk has me very envious. My former boss, who is only 6 months older than me retired last summer. My youngest is just a freshmen in college so retirment isn't even on my radar yet.

The image of you and your grandaughter making cookies had me laughing out loud Elaine. I hope you had as much fun doing it as those of us here are having reading about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

umm, actually my youngest is only a freshman in HIGH SCHOOL. It's my oldest who's in college and she still has two and a half years to go too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 for Friday and 5 for Saturday 

Margaret, I hope you didn’t have storm damage. The reports of that storm have been gruesome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sat - 3 pts

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 points for Saturday

I didn't expect to get my steps up today but I ended do more walking than I thought I would.  I also washed my dog as the temp was a hot 32 degrees so it gave her a chance to dry off in the sun.  We bath her outside in a kids paddling pool.

I am feeling a little under the weather & I think it is due to my concern about my Mum.  She had the PET scan last week and this week has her biopsy.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 for Saturday
Best Answer
0 Votes

saturday 4 pts

Best Answer
0 Votes