Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas 2016 to Valentine's Day 2017 Challenge

ANSWERED

Welcome all Challengers!  What an amazing group we have!

Let's all continue together to take off the excess pounds and keep getting healthier.

This challenge will begin on Christmas and finish on Valentine's Day, Feb. 14. 

All you need to join this challenge is to post your stats regarding your weight, and check in weekly or as often as you'd like. We are a great support group and enjoy keeping up with each other and being there for our ups and downs.  Generally we have found that the more we check in and offer support, tips, info,  and ideas to others, the more we get for ourselves.

We list our weight, as well as any other goals we might have related to being healthy (such as increase water, more active minutes, etc).  Developing good health habits is primary.

A little rundown of terminology for anyone who is new.

USW- Ultimate Starting Weight

CSW- Current Starting Weight (for this challenge)

GW- Goal Weight   (for Feb 14)

UGW- Ultimate Goal Weight   (what your healthy target weight is)

PW- Previous Weight

CW- Current Weight

MFP- My Fitness Pal

List as much info as you like.  Some people include age, gender, height....whatever seems relevant to you.

We keep it as serious or light as we feel, but we always keep it focused on being as healthy as possible, while we support each other kindly.  We can do this together!!

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer
1,007 REPLIES 1,007

Final Report for Christmas to Valentine's:

USW/CSW= 235 (Christmas 2016)

CW= 224.3 

GW= 225

UGW= 125

I met my goal! Yay! Thank you all for the support and encouragement. Even though I met my goal, I haven't lost in the last 2 weeks. I need to step up my game and pay more attention to calories. I'm logging what I eat but may be underestimating, so I'll be more diligent in counting and weighing what I eat. I also need to up my steps a little. I'm going to go to 12,000 steps, which means I'll lose many of my pretty green bars from the past month. 😞 I'll soon build them back up though. 

Congratulations Everyone!

See you in the next challenge!

Best Answer

Hi all you wonderful challengers

I did lose some but didn't hit goal weight.  I know that making myself record my food will help as I visit the raw nut jar far too often.  I'm great at avoiding sugar and refined carbs but I'm not so good at reducing my nut intake.  Need to use more discipline and mindfulness late at night. 

Sooo.  SW  150.3 if I remember right

2/14  148.5 so almost -2 lbs.  I have only 13.5 more to go so off to the next challenge.  

Please nudge me to track and record food as that is the missing piece for me.  I did also have fewer steps due to a knee with torn cartilege and osteoarthritis. I do make my 10k on some days.  One last injection into my knee on Thurs. so hope this helps as it has in the past.

Congrats to all that moves toward goal and those that made of past the milestone.

Thanks to Patty Ann for starting new challenge, giving us the minute by minute data and providing us with a link.  

We can do this getting healthier and slimmer both together.  Love my veggies.

Best,

Barbara G

Best Answer

@dancefoxtrot tracking food is my big issue too! Maybe we could pair up to make each other more accountable! I know how an injury can set you back activity wise. I tore my hamstring last year and it took me a long time to get back up to my usual activity. Good luck with that next injection.

Best Answer

Hi everyone!  Here is my final weigh in for this challenge:

USW: 224.5 lbs (7/6/16)

CSW: 177.0 (12/23/16)

CW: 176.5 (12/30/16) -0.5

CW: 173.5 (01/06/17) -3.0

CW: 171.0 (01/13/17) -2.5

CW: 169.5 (01/20/17) -1.5

CW: 169.0 (01/27/17) -0.5

CW: 168.0 (02/03/17) -1.0

CW: 168.0 (02/10/17) -0.0 😥

CW: 167.5 (02/14/17) - 0.5

GW: 167 (02/14/17)

UGW: 155

Well, I missed my goal weight by 0.5 lbs 😢.  I can't be too disappointed because I still lost 9.5 lbs! The last few weeks have been weird and I seem to be in a slump but I'm trying to stay positive and motivated.  

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next challenge! 😀

Best Answer

Thank you, @Brujita for your "Heres the Link for the next Challenge*"!!!  Woman Happy

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@dancefoxtrot I love nuts too, and I buy large cans of them to put into individual containers. Snack size baggies will work (you can reuse them.) I've actually got 4 little 1/4 cup containers with lids that I use. I fill up all 4 to put in my desk at work or 1 in the cabinet at home. I know one container is one serving. Usually, I only eat a 1/2 serving at one time, unless I'm especially hungry for some reason. Also, sometimes I'll leave one container open on my desk if I'm in a 'munchy' mood and just get one or two at a time throughout the day or afternoon. It limits the amount I can munch, and I'm able to track how much I've eaten.

Even if you eat more than you should, at least you'll be able to keep track of how many you eat and your calories. It will give you an idea of if and where you may need to cut back.

Good Luck keeping track! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dec 10 th: Valetines Challenge

PW: 280 lbs ( Aug 2011, my highest ever)

Dec 10th 2016, Valentines Challenge

CSW: 248.7

CW: 237.7

Looking for the next challenge

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rshew  Congrats on your efforts! The new challenge is the Valentines to April 18th in the list. It will be good to see you there!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
0 Votes