Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas Weight Loss Challenge

I have decided since it is 90 days til Christmas the best gift I can give myself is better health. In the past 9 months I have slowly lost 40lbs give or take usually stays a between 35-40lbs. I would like to lose another 20lbs + by Christmas. This would put me at almost the halfway point for my weight loss. I was doing paleo for a while but found myself bingeing on cheat meals and eating way to many things that I shouldn't. So now I have decided no foods are off limit I will log every bite of everything and if I choose to eat more than allotted for my activity I will have to be more active to stay within my calorie deficit for the day and see how everything goes from there. Feel free to join me on this journey. Also add me as a friend so we can challange each other.

Moderator Edit: Corrected subject

Best Answer
316 REPLIES 316

@Annabel398  Good for you!!!

(Where are you finding the % for the BMI??)   would like to check to see where I'm at Smiley Frustrated too.

Best Answer

@Gayle1018 wrote:

@Annabel398  Good for you!!!

(Where are you finding the % for the BMI??)   would like to check to see where I'm at Smiley Frustrated too.

In the mobile app:

Dashboard > weight "arc" > takes you to the aqua-colored weight graph. Notice that there are four dots under the graph, indicating pages. Swipe right on the graph to see, in order:

• weight
  • body fat %
  • lean vs fat (in lbs)
  • BMI

Tap on any of these graphs to get more detail... on the expanded graph you can select a timeframe:

• 1 week
  • 1 month
  • 3 months
  • all

You can also drag any of these expanded graphs right or left to see the previous/next time period (e.g., if you're on "1 month," swipe to see previous months).

A note: misleadingly IMO, the big number at the top of each of the expanded screens is the AVERAGE for the time period, not your current number.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

@Annabel398  - my moble  app doesn't have this?-- I just have the basic FLEX  - so maybe don't have access to all the fun graphs

it does tell me what my current BMI is.. but not what it'll be when i get to where I want or where I was....

Best Answer

I just purchased an Aria scale. Haven't set it up yet, but anyone have any experience with it / feedback on its accuracy and functions?

Best Answer
We have been using ours for a year.. i know you're not suppposed to weigh every day but that's the first thing I do each morning. I have weeighed recently on a Tanita and my bf at home is about 1.5-2% higher on the Aria.
Best Answer

I feel like I want one so badly. I have a hard time thinking about paying that much for a scale. BUT it sounds wonderful. I know its sad, but I don't even own a scale. However I do work in a doctors office so I have one whenever I want to weigh. I work out of two different offices and one has a digital scale and the others is manual. I love the digital so I always weigh on the days I am in that clinic....lol. I did mentioned to both my daughter and my husband how much I wanted an Aria.... Lets see if either want to buy me one..lol. I am interested in the feedback as to if they are as good as some say they are. So after you get it up and running @happyhealthyfit let me know how you like it.

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

@happyhealthyfit and @HeartBiller

I LOVE MY ARIA!

Seriously, it completely removes the hassle of logging weight, and while, yeah yeah, yadda yadda, accuracy compared to this that or the other, blah blah blah--I find that if I weigh at the same time every day, after I get up but before I eat breakfast or get dressed, it is consistent enough for me. I compare it to a balance beam scale, the kind the doctor uses, which we have at my office, and it's always within the same margin of error (since I do wear clothes at work, haha) so I trust it.

I will say that bodyfat % can vary depending on how hydrated you are--if you have a few drinks, you are going to show fatter the day after, and it's not really because you added that much fat, it's because you are less hydrated. So I just learned not to freak out if the BF number swings a couple of units in either direction--watch the trend, not the individual numbers.

I just think it's a good looking scale that completely removes any need for me to remember those two numbers long enough to tap them into my phone when I'm all bleary-eyed in the morning. Works for me!

Best Answer

@Gayle1018 wrote:

@Annabel398  - my moble  app doesn't have this?-- I just have the basic FLEX  - so maybe don't have access to all the fun graphs

it does tell me what my current BMI is.. but not what it'll be when i get to where I want or where I was....

No, it only tells you current and past, not projected. I guess you could use an online calculator for that. I'm just happy to know where I am today, but I agree, it would be cool if Fitbit would tell me "at your goal weight, your BMI will be XX"

Best Answer

@Annabel398 Thanks for the review. I know it sounded wonderful when I read about it, I am just having a hard time getting past the price....lol. But hey Christmas is coming....  who knows!

Best Answer

@BKSHockeyMama there's nothing wrong with weighing every morning as long as you don't let it affect your mood.  Some people can't deal with it, others can.  I weigh every day and move on.  I also have my fitbit account linked to an account on trendweight.com so it plots my general trend.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Well I didn't gain, so I always count that as a plus! However, if I am going to meet this challenge I made to myself and you all... I have to get my rear in gear! I am going to do my best this week to get in gear and spend more time on exercise. I don't feel I am doing too awful with my eating, but I have not been exercising much lately. Prayers that I can get my motivation in gear! I know with the holidays coming, that means more food and more sweets.. I need a high exercise motivation and a strong will power...lol.

MY stats
USW - 210 lbs
SW - 210 lbs

10/25/16 - 178.4 lbs
11/01/16 -  177.6 lbs - 0.8 lbs

11/08/16 - 174.8 lbs - 2.8 lbs
TW - 174.3 lbs - 11/14/16 - 0.5 total lost this challenge 4.1 lbs Heart
Goal Weight by Christmas - 167.5
UGW - 125 lbs

Best Answer

@HeartBiller wrote:

<snip>
TW - 174.3 lbs - 11/14/16 - 0.5 total lost this challenge 4.1 lbs Heart

Look at you go!! Well done!

Best Answer

Well, it's week one for my challenge.  Here are the stats:

Nov. 8th  SW - 176.5

Nov. 13th CW - 176.6  (I'm calling this the same)

Dec. 24  GW - 169

So, not feeling terribly accomplished.  That said, I observed LOTS of halloween candy eating.  So, for this week and next, I am committing to check in daily to confirm that I have resisted the candies for the next two weeks, just to break the nasty habit.  You'll be hearing lots from me...  Onward and upward people!!!

Best Answer

@Annabel398 Thanks for your vote of confidence....

Best Answer

Weighed in today and wasn't happy. My starting weight last week which I forgot to post was:

CSW 11/08/16 - 169

CW  (by Xmas) - 160

Today's weight - 11/15/16 - 170

I do believe I am going in the wrong direction 😞  Just gotta work harder this week and get out of the chair more (if that is possible).  Plus stop eatting all the wrong things.  Not getting my steps in either.  Need more walking in office while on phone.  Good thing, boss thinking of putting an exercise machine in office as he needs to exercise to and has no time at home.  Hope to have better report next week.  Great job out to everyone else for all the efforts they are making in trying to reach their goal.  Have an awesome week!!

Best Answer

Annabel398

Great job!!!!   Keep it up.  You are on your way. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Rather than replying to each of you I was going to say something.  The plus is to post each week - up or down or the same.  Dropping off the radar is the only real failure.  Although we post goals lets remember that it's not a race, and OMG don't compare yourself to other people.  Some may lose easily and quickly, others may struggle for every pound.  What's important is that you learn a better way of eating, a better way of being active... and then maintain it.  Woman Wink

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

You are so right Anne!  I am one who has not posted the last couple weeks...mainly because my scale has not budged!  Started at 131.7 and have stayed within .3 pounds up or down for the past 2 weeks.  But, I keep telling myself I am healthier as I've been getting to the gym at least 4 times each week which is an improvement over past performance.  Hopefully, I will have a big loss soon and that will be new motivation for me. 

Best Answer

I would also love to lose 20 pounds by Christmas

Best Answer
0 Votes

during the holidays I'm striving to maintain without a gain -- Poetic aye. 

we had our holiday party at work yesterday, BUT did manage to not totally over due or give up on the day. Was able to get 6 miles walking in --- so it helps to stay positive - didn't weigh in- as I'm only counting 2 offical weigh ins a month,  (found I get too competive and then stressed/depressed if I do every week or every day)..

Think I'll make my Thanksgiving goal  <1lb to go   Smiley Very Happy

and very hopeful for Christmas goal!  Ho-ho-ho!!!

Best Answer