Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused with Calories allocated to walks

ANSWERED

fitbit.JPG

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been averaging around 6 km for walks, only the last walk of 9km did I track with Fitbit app, I normally track with RunKeeper (as I did with this last walk, Runkeeper came out at 798 Calories). Since the 15th of this month, the calories allocated has dropped dramatically.

July 12th, I walked 7.82 km pace 11:16 - according to Runkeeper (RK), and was allocated 806 calories by Fitbit, today was much more energetic as I jogged (I'm ramping up) about 20% of this 9.1 km pace 10:28.

Fitbit must think I'm so much fitter, as it only allocated 539 calories - some 267 calories less burned and yet I worked MUCH harder Smiley Very Happy

Confused, but maybe it's my age 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Wendy,

Yes, I am steadily losing weight, so far 8 kg, but this has been gradual, started 4th June. Whilst the discrepancy has appeared in the last week or two.

Could it be the recent update?

P.S. It just dawned on me, that I had not told RunKeeper about my 8 kg loss. Will do this and do same walk. I also use Easy Diet Diary as it allows me to create recipes, which is sadly missing in FitBit. Note to self: update all the OTHER apps, whilst FITBIT is still getting their complete package together (I hope.)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Have you lost weight?

Your calories will drop more if you are losing weight

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Wendy,

Yes, I am steadily losing weight, so far 8 kg, but this has been gradual, started 4th June. Whilst the discrepancy has appeared in the last week or two.

Could it be the recent update?

P.S. It just dawned on me, that I had not told RunKeeper about my 8 kg loss. Will do this and do same walk. I also use Easy Diet Diary as it allows me to create recipes, which is sadly missing in FitBit. Note to self: update all the OTHER apps, whilst FITBIT is still getting their complete package together (I hope.)

Best Answer