Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Weigh In

I am weighing myself everyday in the morning and I am going to log my results here. Feel free to join in.

Monday                          61.0 kg                 03/12/2018

Tuesday                         60.3 kg                 03/13/2018

Wednesday                    60.3 kg                 03/14/2018

Loss this week             .7 kg

Loss to date                 .7 kg

"Every day is another chance to get STRONGER, to eat BETTER, to live HEALTHIER a"

Believe in yourself. You can do this! Each day is an opportunity to improve yourself. Take it. And make the most of it. 3 months from now you will thank yourself.
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@smppalos: nothing wrong in weighing daily (been doing it myself for the past five years), but I personally believe it’s better to reflect on weekly averages than daily individual values. This is because daily values are largely out of your control, whereas weekly averages tend to draw a better picture and show patterns. If your daily weigh-ins end up in your Fitbit account (whether automatically, if you have a compatible smartscale, or because you enter them manually), I highly recommend linking your Fitbit account to TrendWeight, a free web-based service that shows you (with the help of a clever moving average) where your weight is heading too. One of its advantages is it takes the focus off short-term daily fluctuations and puts it on longer-term trends. All the best in your endeavour!  

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Dominique Thanks! I'll try using TrendWeight. I've never heard of that before. I've just started monitoring my weight so I don't really know that weighing daily is not practical. Thanks for your advise! 

Best Answer

I didn’t say weighing daily is not practical, only that reflecting on it is not optimal (IMO). Weighing daily is a good idea, especially if you start using TrendWeight: the more data points TrendWeight has, the more educated its guess will be (as to where your weight is heading) and the smoother its trendline will be. So my advice would be: weigh daily, write down the number / enter it in your Fitbit account (if you don’t have a smartscale that can automatically sync to it), forget about the number and move on to your other businesses for the day and analyze your weight on a weekly basis, with the help of TrendWeight. Note that you will need to "prime the pump" with TrendWeight, i.e. accumulate enough individual data points (preferably daily) for it to do its magic.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer