Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 1 Yet again for me January 18, 2022

Good Morning to everyone….  

So I am looking for a little motivational help.   Not sure if it will work or not, but I have to try something….. I have struggled with my weight for many of years now since having kids, partial hysterectomy, Gallbladder surgery, and divorce.  I’m not getting any younger and I know I have to take the weight off if I want to live a long healthy life.   I want to be around to see my children grow up and have kids.   I want to see my grandbabies grow up and I don’t want to be dependent on medication.   As of right now I have been very lucky that I don’t have to take any medication on a regular basis… Diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure runs in my family….. for my goal weight of 135 to 140 pounds that means I am more than 60 pounds overweight.   Wow just looking at that number makes me want to cry.   I can’t believe I have let myself get to this point.   Not to bash anyone or down anyone but I feel like I am on a downhill spiral and I’m going to end up being like the people on the TLC show my 600 pound life.   I see myself doing many of the things that they do.   I binge eat…  I hide what I eat so not to disappoint others.  I eat when people aren’t around so no one can judge me for eating what I want.   I binge eat and say I will start my diet again tomorrow…..All are very bad habits.   I am an emotional/stress eater.   As all adults know life is stressful and emotional so at this rate I will be eating myself to death basically.   This is why I am trying to fix it now.  Make better habits.    I am 43 years old.   I have been told that my age plays a part in my weight as well,  that my metabolism is slower and my body is probably hormonally imbalanced since my partial hysterectomy.   I struggle with dieting as I don’t eat vegetables.   And when I say this I mean none..  I eat potatoes and corn which are both starches.   My overall goal really isn’t even the number I see on the scale.   I just want to feel good and confident in my own skin.   Right now I am ashamed of myself, and I feel I look disgusting..   I hate to take my clothes off…  I don’t like what I see…  I hate not being able to wear the cute clothes that I like cause once I put them on they no longer look cute they are too tight or just don’t fit at all.  I don’t like to see rolls under my shirt..   I need to find my motivation and will power somewhere.  I have taken off weight before in the past so I know I can do it but I don’t have the same motivation and will power.   In the past with my ex-husband I was always afraid he would leave me if I was too over weight.    With my current relationship I don’t have that same fear.   He loves me no matter what as it should be.  Not that I think he would ever leave me cause of my weight but I would love to look better for him.   He is 8 year younger than me and I feel I need to be fit and sexy for him so he would never want to stray or leave me.   I know these are issues in my head from my previous marriage and not the best way to think about it but it is how I feel and what goes on in my head.  Maybe putting this out there will help me stay accountable, help me want to fix myself and if I meet some new friends along the way that is great.   I’m learning as I go.   One step at a time and some Tic Toc videos here and there…   

I am starting my diet yet again today….   I am aiming for low carb/high protein as I have been told that this would be a great way to see the results a little faster the only issue is when I go back to eating carbs I will probably gain a little bit of weight back.    If not all of it.  If I don’t stick with a regular workout regimen…   I’m wanting to make this a life style change..   not to say I’m not ever going to eat carbs but I would like to always eat more protein..   I am open to any suggestions or help.  Any one that wants to assist me or has some good ideas that might help me in this journey that would be amazing.  I have tried several fad diets, the detox teas, I had a trainer that gave me work outs and wanted me to count macros which would have worked great if I had followed the program.   I have wasted a lot of money on these diets and failed at all of them.   I’m not looking to spend money this go around on any diet pills or anything like that just looking for a little support.   If anyone is in the same boat as me or has been there and would like to help me that would be great…  I need someone to help me stay motivated to message me and say…..  hey get off your butt and go do the treadmill for a few mins or do that work out I just sent you etc…..   I know I am asking for a lot.   I have a great support system at home but it is not always a great thing to have your husband telling you what you need to do or what you should be doing as if you are stubborn like me it is not always received well and can cause arguments or hurt feelings.   I am thinking that someone outside of my home would be better and I would be better receptive of the criticism that I receive from them.   If it happens to be someone local.. maybe hey you wanna go for a walk today…   I have 4 dogs that love to go on walks but by the time I get home from work it Is dark right now and in the summer I don’t want to go alone.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Worth it 78,  You are so smart to try to get your weight under control while you are youngish.  When you get older you can have other health issues develop that will complicate the situation.  You could develop knee, back or hip problems that make activity difficult.  I suggest it helps if you can find some way to enjoy some kind of exercise like reading on a treadmill or recumbent bike, or some kind of dance ?    Maybe try to find one new favorite meal?  Most people eat about 10 things over and over.  Figure out what you are eating that is worst for you, and find a different favorite to substitute for that..  Also try to notice how you feel before and after you eat something.  You may love to eat doughnuts but if you really pay attention eating one may make you feel  bad compared to how you feel if you eat nothing!!!  I have never followed anyones  diet, but sometimes I try to eliminate all flour and sugar.  Full fat diary can be a big lot of calories too.  Right now all animal protein is supposedly unusually higher priced.  Protein powder hasn't increased in price and the calories are easy to control and count.  You might consider that.  Best wishes.

Best Answer

Hi, I totally empathise with you although I have less weight to lose to get back to my 135llb. I just started again yesterday and have 2 months before I go on a sun holiday. Will we do a mutual support thing?

Genie

Best Answer

Losing any amount of weight is hard.  Don't you think?  I got ANOTHER diet disaster gift of those "turtle" things yesterday.  I have been gaining so much so fast lately.. (temporarily I couldn't walk without crutches so lots less exercise or any activity)     But I resolve I am really going to start dieting MUCH better while shopping in the grocery store.  No more flour and sugar purchases.  Keep the junk food out of the house.  Even if you don't want to put the whole family on your diet as one man said,  you can help family members develop better eating habits if you have healthy choices for everyone, like oranges, apples and bananas???  No more so easy little pasta cups or croissants for me. after I empty my house of that stuff.   I haven't given up wine yet, but anyone have any other suggestions.  I can avoid eating sometimes by fixing a fresh hot cup of coffee.  Coffee is good for you.

Best Answer

It may be worth paying for a counsellor to help you through your food issues. I saw one for confidence issues and it really helped. 

Start by making gradual changes. If you don't notice the changes, it will become easier. The task won't seem as daunting. When I really crave for sweet things, I go for fruit first. You would not believe how many times fruit will satisfy that craving and I will feel so much happier afterwards. 

There is a channel on youtube that gives a lot of advice by users submitting their own weight loss stories (I listen to it because I love his voice but when i had to lose 10kg, I listened to it everyday and it kept me focused and on track) LukeNarwhal is the channel name. There is also a discord group for people to post photos, recipes and ask for advice. 

I know the struggle about winter and getting out. Is it possible to park farther away from work so you have to take extra steps? Incidental steps are better than forced steps. I walk to the train station and I have three that I can go to. 10minutes, 30 minutes and 45minutes. So even on the days I feel bleh, I am forced to walk 10minutes in each direction. 

its a lifestyle change... 

Best Answer

Hi there, this is my first time looking in the section and I saw your post. I hope you are doing well.

I have been doing videos from YouTube with a guy called “get fit with Rick”, they are really fun walking workouts but a bit dancey and there are all different lengths and different styles of music and has the step count for each.

They also have a great Facebook community and it’s very motivating.

A lot of success stories there and most people are Fitbit users!

Best Answer

That's cool, could you drop the Facebook community handle would love to join.

Best Answer

Get Fit with Rick

the same for the YouTube videos.

it’s very motivating and supportive.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice. I wish I can reduce my weight. By the way, on this https://www.grabmyessay.com/annotated-bibliography website you can find topic on annotated bibliography and I am sure you will find a lot of info over there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reading this again 7 months later, I guess I had a different reaction.  I am wondering a bit if you could stop all the negative  reactions or just ignore everyone and concentrate on enjoying eating.  Consider if you are eating slow enough to taste the food.  My daughter eats so fast I doubt she ever taste any of it.  Only eat things that are worth the calories TO YOU.  (not necessarily nutritious).  Everyone eats some junk food, ignore anyone who wants to make decisions for you and eat what you want and when you want to eat it.  If you take control maybe you will not need to binge.  Ignore all those people telling you to exercise also.  Exercise is critical for good health but has almost nothing to do with how much you weigh.  Your weight is determined by what you eat.    If you can read a GREAT book while doing it, the treadmill and bike are ok to do.  The best book I've read this year was "Seabiscut"  about a horse.  (not a novel, but as good as the best)    You would probably love it.  My best diet food I'm rediscovering that is very satisfying for few calories is a cup of beans.  Black or pinto about 200 calories a cup.  I'm going to buy an apple today.  I might like one.  LOL

Best Answer