Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discouraging weight loss results..:(

ANSWERED

I'm pretty self-contious of my weight as i notice a lot of people are. over the summer i was roughly 135lbs and now i am 163lbs and seem unable to shed the weight. its pretty discouraging seeing the numbers on the scale stay about the same and seeing all my summer clothes i bought sitting there knowing i wont be able to fit them again.. and i also know there's a good chance i'm not the only one in this boat, but wondering what others think, suggest, or anything else. positive and negative comments are welcome. feel free to add me or message or reply with tips or opinions. https://www.fitbit.com/user/5HK377

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Most of us are here because we have been through some version of what you are going through.  Why not join one of the boards here and get some support and learn from others' experience?  It will also give you a chance to support others.  Do you know why you gained the weight this year?  What have you tried to do to get healthier and lose the weight?  If you think it through and get some support regularly, you will be able to lose it.  It does take time.  Most people seem to lose about 1 pound weekly, if they do it in a healthy way.  And that makes it easier to keep it off.  

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Most of us are here because we have been through some version of what you are going through.  Why not join one of the boards here and get some support and learn from others' experience?  It will also give you a chance to support others.  Do you know why you gained the weight this year?  What have you tried to do to get healthier and lose the weight?  If you think it through and get some support regularly, you will be able to lose it.  It does take time.  Most people seem to lose about 1 pound weekly, if they do it in a healthy way.  And that makes it easier to keep it off.  

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

is there any groups you suggest?? still new to the community part of this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm struggling too!  Weight has NEVER been an issue for me until just the past few years.  I recently left my physically active job for self employment and it seems to have compounded the issue of  weight gain.  I'm 30 pounds away from my goal weight which sounds like an impossible feat when I seem to be gaining rather than losing, despite my efforts.  I'm having a hard time staying motivated and would love some encouragement and advise.  If there is a community someone could recommend, I'd love to get involved!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The challenges here are a great way to get started—there's always a challenge going where you pledge to try to lose a certain amount during the length of the challenge, then weigh in weekly and post your results. It's great accountability.

I also really like the challenges you can do on your fitbit app (Workweek Hustle, etc.). You can invite other people and eventually you'll probably be lucky enough to fall in with a group of people who motivate you to move yourself and help support you at the same time.

If you're into solitary stuff, the FitBit adventures are nice. I generally do one a week, just to see how far I'll get in a day/two days/a week, etc. I wish FitBit would come up with some more of those!

Anyway, have a look at the Valentine's Day to April 18 challenge and see what you think!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Think about how you gained all that weight. I'm thinking what you put in your body is responsible for it. What you put in your body and how much determines if you'll gain weight or not. Re-work your eating habits and you'll lose weight. Losing weight means giving up things you love like burgers, take outs, cake, chocolate, etc. If you cannot do it that means you don't want to lose weight enough. Re-work your lifestyle. Make better choices. It's okay to eat unhealthy but not everyday or week or 3x a day.

This is not easy. You have to train your mind to think healthy and be conscious of your health. Like how much calorie is in this food? How many grams of sugar/fat/carb etc. How much calorie can I consume a day. How much calorie have I already eaten? etc etc

Best Answer
0 Votes