Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have any tips to lose weight?

I'm 68 years old, I consider myself active. I walk 4-5 miles a day at least 4 times a week and do strength training in my basement at least 3 times a week. I am eating between 1350 - 1400 calories a day. My macros are 40-30-30. My weight is 135 and I would like to loose 5 more but the scale doesn't budge. 

Can someone let me know if my macros are correct and if I am eating enough or not enough. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

How tall are you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last 5 requires a lot of accuracy between what you burn in total based on your individual activity level, and what you eat.

Macros changes can help you feel full, or power you for a workout better, or retain muscle better, ect - but they don't have any bearing on weight loss.

That's all about calories.

For 5 lbs - it really is as simple as move more, and eat less.

Than what you were doing before.

If you were already that nice and active - just eat less.

That can be hard to know if you made big changes to your diet at the same time, instead of just removing some of what you ate.

5lbs also means reasonable weight loss rate - that much activity your body will likely react quick if you attempt extreme and try to keep it up.

So how much activity were you already doing - because obviously you want the energy to keep that active and make progress?

How many dietary changes did you make, since you are now looking at macros - I'm betting a lot?

And for final 5, couple studies have shown some methods that might work well for you.

1 lb per week really isn't reasonable for too long on final 5, 1/2 lb weekly would be. But you didn't diet down to 135 recently did you?

You could do 500 cal deficit for 1 week - eat at maintenance 1 week - repeat.

This shows very good results as your hormones get to reset, body gets unstressed, ect.

Or if your daily routine allows it, studies have shown the 5:2 approach can work well.

Eat at maintenance for 5 days a week, eat at 25% of that for 2 days a week. That causes an overall 22% deficit, which is reasonable when 5 days each week on not stressful on body.

Keep up that hard work - that's so good for the body - and fuel it enough to do so!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes