Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit have any plans to sync with Fasting Apps?

ANSWERED

Hi all, question:

I use Fitbit HR Charge 3 every day. I started FASTING for health reasons (energy, sharpness, guts). Is FIBIT planning on an App or at least to sync with 3rd party FASTING apps? It will be very cool to monitor the health impact through our watch. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Good question, @foxsierracharli - I can relate. I’ve been practicing intermittent fasting - 12/12 and find I feel much better. And I’m losing weight and experiencing fewer cravings. I don’t see any fasting apps available and Fitbit does not announce schedules of app releases. Neither do the 3rd party developers so all we can do is keep an eye out for new releases. But if you use the Fitbit food tracking feature, you can personally watch to see how you feel and how your sleep tracks when you fast. Personally, I found I sleep much better when I eat nothing in the evening. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Good question, @foxsierracharli - I can relate. I’ve been practicing intermittent fasting - 12/12 and find I feel much better. And I’m losing weight and experiencing fewer cravings. I don’t see any fasting apps available and Fitbit does not announce schedules of app releases. Neither do the 3rd party developers so all we can do is keep an eye out for new releases. But if you use the Fitbit food tracking feature, you can personally watch to see how you feel and how your sleep tracks when you fast. Personally, I found I sleep much better when I eat nothing in the evening. 

Best Answer

I have the same question, I would love a fasting app where you could put in days/time you're not eating, reminders for when to eat, and adjust daily calorie maximums so that it tells you when you've hit your max for the day! 🙂

Best Answer

I use fastic but I really, really want fitbit to incorporate this - it would be so easy. it's been a really popular suggestion on the forum since 2017.

Best Answer

I completely agree. I try to fast twice a week for at least 25hrs each time and love how it makes me feel. I currently use Fasti, which is a really simple app in which you tell the app you have started your fast and then can see how much time you have been on the fast or how much time is left. You can set a fasting goal and track fasting history. Simple but it fits the bill. Now if only that were integrated into the Fitbit - amazing!

I don't want to track food intake and calories and I'm not fasting to loose weight (so Fitbit, please don't link it to the calorie counter) but a simple fasting tool would be great!

Best Answer

I've been doing IF for a couple months now and I'm slowly losing the weight.  It's ideal for us who don't want to track every little thing.  I, also, just came off a 36-hr fast and I hope to start doing that weekly and do longer fast down the road.  I wish my doctor understood the benefits but depending on apps for now seems the only way to go atm.

Best Answer

The "Simple" App! It Links up with ur fitbit app.

Tracks all in one place! 

Best Answer

Thanks!! I got it to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes - adding a Fast tracker would be great!  Tracking my Fast window and trends would make the FitBit Dashboard complete for my wellness journey!

Best Answer

Great idea - hoping this gets some traction with the development team 

Best Answer

Fasting has been the one tool proving successful for my weight management- hoping this idea gains traction with the developers.

Best Answer

I had the same pain as you, I do 20:4 fast for the last 6 months - and I would expect fitbit to have an app for it in their gallery.

I decided to develop one myself:

https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/eec91c45-7cae-40eb-8138-615376dd2764

Enjoy! it's free

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has chosen not to link up with apps, unless the app developers request it. However Fitbit has an open API which allows any third party to link with fitbit. Many apps have already linked up, many of which fitbit isn't directly aware of. 

My thought would be to ask the third party app. 

Best Answer

Tried to download it Fitbit stopped it and said it’s not compatible. Sorry seem like a great idea. Thanks anyways.

Best Answer

Fitbit, if you're listening... Fasting is becoming increasingly more popular, and I think your app would be perfect if it included the ability to monitor fasting. I'm currently using Fastic. I noticed someone suggested 'Simple', but I don't think it's as easy to use. Thx A.

Best Answer

Tried it but it said it was not compatible with my Fitbit (Inspire 2). Thanks anyway!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant find the Simple app as a choice. I have looked under settings, 3rd party apps etc.. Can you please advise how to find it? 

Best Answer