Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know if weight watchers plans to add fitbit sync feature?

ANSWERED

I'm an online WW member but it would be so nice if that info could sync with fitbit.  I know that MFP does, but I like that WW takes into account not just calories, but fiber, protein, carbs, etc.  I find it helps me focus more on healthy eating rather than just low calorie, which I think is part of keeping the weight off for good. I haven't figured out my tracking method yet, since I just got my fitbit. 

Anyone else know anything about this? 

Thanks!

Emily

~~Emily~~
"You will never FIND time for anything. If you want time, you must make it."
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey Emily0013,

My guess would be that your request is possible to create using the fitbit API (application Programming Interface) however you will need towait for someone to program it, I don't think Weight Watchers will do this since they have already established their brand and will want you to use their equipment.

So find a programmer out there and encourage him to solve your issue

have a great day, and Keep fitbiting!

Eat Less, Move more and Keep Fitbiting!

Please remember to mark post as solved if you got the answers you needed. If you didn't find them here please tell us what did work. Also please if you find post and remarks helpful vote for them

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hey Emily0013,

My guess would be that your request is possible to create using the fitbit API (application Programming Interface) however you will need towait for someone to program it, I don't think Weight Watchers will do this since they have already established their brand and will want you to use their equipment.

So find a programmer out there and encourage him to solve your issue

have a great day, and Keep fitbiting!

Eat Less, Move more and Keep Fitbiting!

Please remember to mark post as solved if you got the answers you needed. If you didn't find them here please tell us what did work. Also please if you find post and remarks helpful vote for them
Best Answer

I also doubt it will ever happen. WW wants you to use there  AL.

I dont log food here I just logged it at WW. It became to cumbersome to do both

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I use my fitbit to keep up with my steps, but I log time on the weight watchers page. You probably know, but you can log 10 min, 20 min, 30 min etc. I log any time which I am walking moderate and at 3 mph, which is a 20 min. mile. You can look at your fitbit time after it sincs to see exactly how much time you have walked at the work out pace

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do weight watchers online too. I log my food in both weight watchers and MFP. It is a little bit of work, but I am a creature of habit so a lot of my foods are saved in both and I just click the check mark or favorites and post it into the food log. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you log your food at Spark People, it tracks fiber, protein, carbs, etc. and synchs with Fitbit. Just a thought.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think Weight Watchers will get involved with FitBit. I was on Weight Watchers for abour 4 years before starting this, and they had their own item to track activity called ActiveLink. I wouldn't imagine that they would support this product when they have their own, and that one lunks to all the weight watchers app, etc they offer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Emily,

You probably know by now but you can sync your Fitbit with WW.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I sync ww with my Fitbit?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tj61  You need to go to Weight Watchers site. Go to Account Settings and you will see where to Link

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes