Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doxepin and Prazolin weight gain!?!

I have been prescribed the above for tx of nightmares/insomnia and I had read it may cause wt. gain primarily by increasing carb cravings. K, I thought, I've been meeting my activity goals but not charting intake but was being more aware of my choices and yes I noticed the craving and occupationally gave in but healthily. It's been approx 2 months and my wt did increase but the fluid wt with it fluctuates greatly with weigh ins a 8lb frame. The script has helped greatly. Anyone else have experience with this? I'm a30yr RN and this is boggling me. Yes I need to chart my food more closely, watch my choices ect but I haven't had back a forth rapid gain/loss like this before.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I also greatly reduced my wine intake 2' d/t carbs....whaaaaah

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @fairystrange,

I think you hit upon the solution in your first post--the need to do food logging. It's extremely easy to convince ourselves we're eating better than we are. Logging the intake brings objectivity and accountability to the process.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@fairystrange yep. you need to keep track of what you are eating and how much of it you are eating. Healthy things still have calories and you can gain weight from overeating anything. If you don't want to go full on logging, just write down every single thing that goes into your mouth and how much of it went in, so 12 grapes, 1 cake, 1 granola bar, chicken tender- whatever- you get the idea. At the end of the day, one of two things will happen, you will have eaten less because you are conscious about what you are eating or you will be surprised by how much you are eating.. either way, you will know what to do from there...

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer