Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eat fat to get thin?

ANSWERED

The article Eat Fat To Get Thin discusses how the UK's National Obesity Forum is promoting information such as "Eat fat to get slim. Don’t fear fat; fat is your friend" and "Promoting low-fat foods is perhaps the biggest mistake in modern medical history".  

The article goes on to say that thirty years of official health advice urging people to adopt low-fat diets and to lower their cholesterol is having disasterous health consequences.

What is your opinion?

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

@SunsetRunner wrote:
Still a keto diet is certainly not for everyone.

The best eating plan is one that you feel you can follow for the rest of your life.  I'm guessing this is going to be different for everyone.  No matter what doctor and/or what organization is pushing, if your general health is good then go for it.

My personal plan seems to hit about 20% protein, 40% fat, 40% carbs, although I realise that I really don't aim for anything specific.  However, that's where it seems to fall naturally.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes