Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eating with a Hiatal Hernia

Struggling with trigger foods for my Hiatal Hernia - I have found I have to cut out caffeine, chocolate, lemons, eggs (hard-boiled is ok), tomatoes (raw) and oranges.  I have tried over the counter medications and found my joints suffer from them.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @egermomma

Did a bit of reading since I have a family member with acid reflux. Your hiatal hernia diet is much like that of acid reflux.

I found this article, which might help.  Click to read.

What over the counter things have you tried? I know probiotics are good, if they are a supplement and not part of food, like yogurt. I often use papaya enzyme tablets after eating something I'm not too sure about  It helps with digestion and I'm sure has prevented my being sick after some questionable meals while on the road during vacation.

It might be helpful to keep a food journal and note the times you feel worse from eating a particular item. Staying hydrated is important, too. You drinking enough during the day? Smaller meals?

Another part of that article makes sense for you and for my acid reflux family member. click to see it. 

So many things go into play with any lifestyle change and it takes a lot to admit you're struggling. It makes a difference when you know you're not alone, @egermomma and I'm sure you'll have more people respond to your post.

You can do this. Just one day at a time and you'll see things are coming together.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer