Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eating within a few hours before bedtime :-(

ANSWERED

Hi Fitbit Friends, I'm trying to lose about 5-7 pounds and I can't seem to break the seemingly simple habit of eating within a few hours before bedtime. I know that by following this routine, I can lose weight rather quickly but I just cannot resist the urge to snack! Does anyone have some suggestions or advice on how they manage to break their bad habit and establish a healthier routine that doesn't involve eating before bed? Please help....thanks! Jennifer (a.k.a. "Jitterfix")

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jennifer

Over a number of years, I've gotten into a similar habit with healthy snacks. I'm starting to realise that it stops me from sleeping so well and is part of my strategy to stay up that bit longer and learn something new or do some extra steps! However, this is impacting my overall sleep quality and health.

I started meditating twice per day in January and I asked my meditation teacher for advice. He asked if I could be more mindful when I am about to snack. Since then, I've found I can catch myself and have stopped doing this so much. My intention is being great with my body, so it's not that I am angry or frustrated if I do snack, it's more that I am having increasing opportunities to change my habit.

Some good advice from my yoga teacher (and the Fitbit App!) is to have an night time ritual so that I am settled for bed. I am trying a few things with this to figure out the best things for my health, well-being and performance!

Be well,

Mark

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi Jennifer

Over a number of years, I've gotten into a similar habit with healthy snacks. I'm starting to realise that it stops me from sleeping so well and is part of my strategy to stay up that bit longer and learn something new or do some extra steps! However, this is impacting my overall sleep quality and health.

I started meditating twice per day in January and I asked my meditation teacher for advice. He asked if I could be more mindful when I am about to snack. Since then, I've found I can catch myself and have stopped doing this so much. My intention is being great with my body, so it's not that I am angry or frustrated if I do snack, it's more that I am having increasing opportunities to change my habit.

Some good advice from my yoga teacher (and the Fitbit App!) is to have an night time ritual so that I am settled for bed. I am trying a few things with this to figure out the best things for my health, well-being and performance!

Be well,

Mark

Best Answer