Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of week 1

Today marks the start of my second week on the program.  I weighed in this morning with my new Ariba scales that arrived today and have lost 2.4 lbs - and so the first step on the journey has been taken.  This is after taking yesterday off.

I don't have a particular diet, although mine tends to be whole foods, high protein and low carbs although I don't track it that way.  I've adpoted what I believe is a healthy way of eating, so now I just monitor my caloric intake and increase my activity/exercise.  I had become extremely sedentary far beyond that of my computer programmer life.  I had become the quintessential couch potato, especially on the weekends when I wasn't traveling.  My consumption of alchohol was quite hight as well (which was the big negative to my diet).

So by watching calories, cutting back on the alcohol consumption and increasing my activity level, the pounds are starting to shed.  The true challenge will being next week when I am once again traveling for work and living in hotels.  The hours are long, so getting the extra activity in will cause me to be creative. 

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Way to go! The first step is always the hardest. I've had my fitbit since August and stopped using it for a few months at the end of the year because I was in school. Being a student meant I was very sedentary sitting in my bed most of the day when I wasn't in class. Now that I'm out of school I'm able to work out more and watch what I eat. Diet is the hardest part of weightloss for me so right now I'm focused on getting up and moving. Yesterday I started working on my diet which I'm making small changes so that I'm more likely to stick to it this time. 

Traveling while trying to stay healthy is always hard. Do the hotels you stay in have workout rooms? Even if you work out only 30 minutes to an hour while you're traveling will help. Going out and exploring the city you traveled to is another great way to get steps in. 

Do you like the Aria scale? I'm thinking about getting one. 

Good Luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Congratulations on your successful start with fitbit. I,too just started and am finishing up my first week on Sunday. I have had to think much more carefully about what I am eating and have been walking more each day. I am up to 7,000 steps today, but am trying to get up to 10,000.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great work @divedragon !  Glad you have been successful so far with your journey to a healthier life.  I myself got into FitBit a year and a half ago when I finally decided to make changes to my life.  I was 31 years old and weight in at 325lbs.  Through the motivation and statistics FitBit provided me I got more active and started watching what I ate and now am down over 100 lbs with about 20 more to go.  You can do it and if you (or anyone else) wants motivation/friend feel free to send me a FR.

Best Answer
0 Votes