Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ewwwww, water....

My biggest challenge at the moment isnt getting all my steps in or my strength training done......it isnt controlling my urges to eat potato chips...its trying to drink enough water! I hate water. Ive never really liked water.

I buy sugar free flavorings to add to it...and that helps somewhat.....but if I dont get all my water in before 5;00 suppertime, Im hesitatnt to start gulping it in, or Ill be up peeing all night. 

I carry a water bottle witth me (Ive lost 2 already because I forget and leave them places). Any tricks/tips for making sure Im  getting enough water? I dont drink any other fluid all day, except my oone coffee in the morning. 

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@MsJulie 

When counted water intake, personally counted every drink (water, coffee, tea, orange juice,..). Food also contains water for a certain percentage (all food, fruits,..).

Having used Foodzy (it also autmatically counts water intake from drinks and synchronize to fitbit), for water intake from the drinks mentioned 'above' are automaticly added. Not soda drinks,..

The amount to drink actually varies and depends on the body hydration like when its hot weather, we'll automatically drink more. Doing exercise, 'cause of sweating and depending on the activity, the amount to drink varies. If feeling thirsty, drink! Smiley Wink

If not feeling thirsty don't drink even if the set amount of water intake isn't reached. Sometimes due hot weather, exercising, the body can require more fluid then the total amount we set.

Golden Rule: When going to the bathroom and the water is clear then it indicates we drank enough, otherwise if it's yellow, dark.. drink a bit more. Smiley Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am an "ew water" person too, I have managed to work around it by doing water infusions, berries, mint, pineaple, your choice! I first added a bit of stevia to be more appealing and then I was putting less and less of it. 

Another option is to try this: 

water.jpg

I'd personally add a bit of lemon or mint to have a fresh kick Smiley Wink

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Have you tried doing any flavored waters by fruit/herbs? I like adding cucumbers, strawberries and lemon, blueberries and then allowing the water to sit in the fridge over night, sometimes I'll use a spoon to "squash" the berries a bit if I want more flavor. I love it, and my picky almost 3 year olds drink it was well. 🙂

Best Answer

I can totally relate! I seem to be able to drink more water in the summer but winter it's a real struggle.  Like you I can drink a few cups of coffee in the morning and go most of the day without any liquid.  I know it's not heatlhy. 

I try to drink one glass of water soon after I get up...that way 12 oz is down! Then drink water with every meal, so that is another 36 oz's.  So now I am more than half way there.  The rest I have just made an effort to drink.  I wish the Fitbit bracelett would buzz every hour or so to remind me to drink!

Best Answer

You can set the alarm to go off every hour to remind you to drink water, take some steps, or whatever.  I actually used the alarm every hour the other day to remind me to take steps for a challenge I was in.

Best Answer

Great idea @lyro ! I've actually started ti set alarms to remind me to go to sleep early Smiley LOL

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is a great idea! Duh, I forgot all about the alarm.  Will do that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try making infused water. I personally don't like fruit in my water, but I know many people who do. I like limes in my water, sometimes even mints leaves.

Competitive Crossfitter
Novice Runner
Getting Better EVERY Day
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Contigo 32 oz water jug with handle. Four times refills. One gallon down. You can also buy one of two things. Propel water flavoring or most gyms with a store have a Pre-Fuel mix for those needing extra power on the treadmill/elliptical machine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just posted this in another thread

The 64oz water per day is ridiculous
Unless your a prize fighter or marathon runner, 8 glass of water is dumb.

Most people dont understand that most food items contain water. Coffee is mostly, milk contains water, etc etc etc...

Water intake is unique to each person. I find 34-48 oz per day is perfect for me.

I used the pee test. If youre peeing mostly clear urine and youre going every 2hrs or so.. youre good

If your pee is clear and youre going every 10 min.. youre drinking way too much water.

Many believe you can never have too much water. Thats bull.

over-hydration puts a major strain on your kidneys and cause the elimination of vital nutrients in your body. It can also cause your sodium levels to plummet

U need sodium for vital organ functions...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Also, u may want to try different waters.
For example, i like nestle pure life bottle water but cant stand Poland spring or deer park..
Best Answer
0 Votes