Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit Bit website food tracking

I really believe in food tracking- it helped me lose 65 pounds. I LOVE my Fitbit and the tacking it does for me. But the food tracker on the website I have not liked- why?

1st - I don't like that every food you search for comes up with mostly food from restaurants- I typed in Cherry tomatoes and about a million restaurants come up with everything from 6 calories to 100s (probably dependent on how they serve it). How about just one hit for just regular foods that you buy in a store. I know this is possible, because in the past I have used Fitness Pal and other trackers that have more "real" food in it- Fitness Pal also had lots of people that put in thier homade stuff so you could estimate things like "meatloaf" , ect

2nd- a lot of the measurments for food are in ounces or grams....Like any real person can pictuer how many peas are in 250 grams?? Again other trackers use more realistic measurement like cups ( at least that I can picture) or slices or small, medium, large. There are SOME foods on here that do and some common things that don't - by most of my searches on here it is only easy if it is something out of a box that you don't add anything too- hard with raw ingrediants.

Other than this part I love all the other parts of FitBit

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4
I confess that I paper track my food. I just write it in my planner... but lots of people here sync their Fitbit with myfitnesspal and then have the best of both worlds. I think loseit and other food trackers sync with Fitbit too, although I don't know all about the options. You are SO right though. Food tracking is very important (and enlightening).
Best Answer

@Lilac93 wrote:

a lot of the measurments for food are in ounces or grams....Like any real person...

It's for the scale users, unreal but all those other units annoys me. Peas:150 g to the cup (not that 4 cups will ever do 600 g). In America Test Kitchen they start by stating and demonstrating that weighing is so much better,  but then give all their receipts in cups and spoons only anyway. 

It's true that when away from home,  measurement is lost. But estimation is probably always a problem when aiming at a small daily deficit of 250 to 500 kcal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit lack of natural (non brand name) choices has been noted (complained about) many times.

But, don't have a Bitfit, they are just ignoring everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you totaly, I prepare my food from fresh produce, manley home grown. Im also a diebetic 2 and make the odd cake muffin using no sugar. I have had to add new recipes to get results. Its a great idear to be able to add your own recipes. I was very disapionted most of the food is packaged or eat out. Inadition there is no home made vegtable or fruit juices in the food menu, Other than this Im very happy with my fitbit and love how it helps me get fit and slimer..Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes