Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Friend Challengers for Overweight BEGINNERS

Looking for some people around my "zone" to challenge with..

You can add me as a freind.. https://www.fitbit.com/user/42JVMC

I currently do 5k steps a day, but looking to do more slowly.. Need people to help push me.. and a challenge will..

I'm 42

Been in Menopause for 5 years now.

I'm at 249lb (was at 258 on the 12/25/15)

I try to do 30 mins of "active mins" a day, but only hit it ONCE 😞

I try to do 5 floors a day.. (hit this a few times)

In 2010 I was 240 and got down to 163.. Then had health issues and well now I'm at 258, nope 249.. 🙂

I want to give it my all again this time and start going down instead of up.. I know I can do it again.. Any takers ??

Sorry, can't keep up with the young fitter pups right now.. Hope to by next year though.. LOL 🙂

Also you may add me as a friend on Fitness Pal.. 🙂 I log all my food on here..

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello.  My need for weight loss isn't as dramatic as yours, but I'm with you and a great cheerleader. I toally understand your frustration with having to fight your body.  Because of rampant heart disease and diabetes in my family, I hav GOT to get get halthy and stay there.  I would be delighted to be your long distance exercise buddy.

Best Answer

Seem to be on the right track. Rememebr to watch your eating that is just as important as the excercise, if not more. Happy trails....Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi April,

I'm in.  I weigh 240lbs. I've had weight problems as long as I can remember, except when I was on the drugs Phen-Fen.  I lost 90 lbs using that, going to the gym 3 days a week and watching my food.

I'm 44, I am recently separated. I have 2 boys. I'm active with their cub scout and boy scout troops and I'm the treasurer for the school PTO.  I sit at a desk 98% of my work day.  Some nights I don't get to sit down for me time until 9:30pm. I'm not in the mood to use that time to get on my treadmill.

Christy

Best Answer

I'm with you and I support your effort to reach your goal!  I, too, got down to goal weight after losing 200 lbs over a 2-year period.  Stress, injuries, ARTHRITIS, and other "stuff" have led to a substantial weight (re)gain over the past 3 yrs, although thankfully nowhere near where I was to begin with.  It's disheartening though, so I understand.  What I learned then and keep repeating to myself now is that sometimes we think we've reached the point of no return, but that's a total lie!  There is no such thing as a point of no return, and there is no such thing as "I can't."  So, we (you and I) will keep telling ourselves we can and we'll keep showing ourselves that we can, b/c we will!  I support you. Let's do it, and get to where we want to be!

Best Answer

Thank you all who friended me.. 

I loved doing the Weekend Worrier Challange this past weekend.. 

Hope to do it again..

Best Answer
0 Votes

keep it up , keep it up, don't quit. We ALL can do it no matter what!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bless your heart. I haven't been through menapause yet, I'm 40 in July, but I see it coming! My goal is to lose at least 30 lbs by July, age 40Smiley Surprised, I've lost maybe 4 so far. It's been about 2 weeks of me trying to focus more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the same boat, 45, 235, looking for motivation and a cheersquad. I would like to get down 80 lbs overall.  add me as well:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a little older at 52 but  currently weigh 232, down from 260 a year ago.  I current goal it to get down to 170.  My over all goal it to get down to 140.  One goal at a time.  I need help to stay motivated.  Together we can all reach our goal.

Bunnie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there - you can definently add me 🙂 I'm on round 3 of my long weight loss journey. My first round was over 90 pounds lost, the second round I lost over 60. Although I gain some back I learn more with each journey and this time it will be LAST large weight loss because I plan on loosing and then maintaining!

45 year old female no kids, no husband.. living in the middle of the beautiful mountains of Northern Calfornia

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey I am looking for people in the same zone and goals as me too i am 5'1 258lbs started at 300lbs my goal is to first hit 200 then from there ill make other smalls goal until a weight i feel healthy and comfortable in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you still looking for friends?  I'm new to FitBit and I'm also looking for encouragement.  

I'm 46 and 195 lbs and I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina.  I just got my tracker a couple of days ago and I've been hitting about 2k steps and about 10 floors.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Like you, I'm in my 40s and think I'm hitting menopause (at least I hope it's that). I've never really been fit before, but I saw a cool standing abs video, started exercising, slacked off during the winter, and now want to get back into it. Long story short, I got an Alta for my birthday, and I love it so much because it reminds me to get up and walk.

I live in a city and use public transit, so I'm good at getting at least 7,000 to 8,000 steps, and my apartment building has a fitness center I've just started taking advantage of (20 minutes walking on the treadmill, and I'm trying to get up to where I can do the elliptical without wanting to die).

I'm 4'11" and around 150 pounds. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in!  I am 57 just starting to recover from 2.5yrs mainly bedridden from back surg resulting in chronic pain.  I have also suffered since birth from IBS.  I have not worked since November 2013 as a result of my surg/pain.  I was an RN.  I have done the weight loss thing 7 yrs back and I am aiming to do it again but I am unable to be as physically active.  I am 5'1.5 at about 180 pounds!  I was 128 but those days may be gone.  Menopause is also driving me nuts!  I need motivation to get my butt out of bed and move it so I just bought an alta.  I was part of fitbit a while ago but unable to get out and do it but i am much more determined this time.

“That which does not kill us, makes usstronger.”

Best Answer
0 Votes