Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit HR has me eating to many calories?

I have searched and read other post in regards to this matter but this is more of a general health question. I am 6'1" about 294 lbs, 37 years old / Male. I walk on a tread mill for an hour a day 5 days a week with a 3.2 walking speed with an 5"-8" incline and do some light weightlifting 3-4 days a week as well. According to a lot of the online DMR calorie calculators it has me listed at eating around 3100 calories a day with 3-5 days of moderate exercise. My FitBit wants me to be eating between 3800-4500 calories a day depending on level of activity on that given day. I have it set to lose 2lbs per week. I have been averaging 2700-2800 calories eaten per day and these are all healthy calories (Which when eating healthier foods it is harder to get up there). It just seemed excessive to me but I wanted to get some opinions on it as I want to make sure I am losing weight the healthy way as I want to keep it off permanetly WHEN I reach my goal or do I need to be trying to reach the goal that Fitbit gives me. I know that if I do not eat enough calories I will burn muscle instead of the fat I want to lose.

Thank you in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20
Pretty sure the Fitbit app knows my weight and height as I updated it daily and they are tracked in the App and on the website.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.
Best Answer
0 Votes