Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit's food log is its Achilles' heel.

I just started using MyFitnessPal (MFP) and synced it to Fitbit because I've become so frustrated with the limitations and inaccuracy of the Fitbit food log. More than 50% of all barcodes I enter are wrong. And when you attempt to enter the food manually, you're presented with a hodge-podge of options, most of which are also wrong compared to the food's nutrition label on the package. It's as if Fitbit accepts and maintains every item submitted without ever checking the accuracy of what's being submitted.

That said, the other major problem I have with the Fitbit food log is the limitation of just 20 frequent and 20 recent food items, excluding custom entries. When trying to track calories in an effort to lose weight or just maintain weight, the ability to find and record food quickly is extremely important, so being able to quickly search through past food entries is crucial. Other apps do this very well, including MFP, which is why I started using it and synced it to Fitbit, but there's absolutely no reason why I should have to use two apps to get this functionality. Given the endless minutia of data that Fitbit maintains for years, I don't understand why Fitbit allows just 20 frequent items and 20 recent items.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@TR51 I think you may want to head over to the feature suggestion board and add what you think can improve the app there. Or, there may already be similar suggestions there that you can vote for and hopefully see implemented. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes