Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logging and Weight Management

Does the Fitbit, specifically the Ionic, automatically calculate weight loss/gain using the information you enter in the Food & Weight sections?, If not, it should as it would make life much easier! and also add more product value for the money it costs to buy one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Not really, since the scale actually tells the result of your effort.

If you want a good guess-timate going into a monitored program, or want to know how aggressive you might need to be to accomplish a goal over time, try this built in feature on the mobile App:

On your mobile touch the gray'd index card to go to your account settings

Scroll up to the Goals section, touch Nutrition and Body

Touch "your goal"

"Let's do this!" dialog comes up.

Make choice of "Lose"

Dial in weight goal, save

BF goal, save

now under nutrition it shows your deficit goal, touch "Food", the "Help me set a goal"

"Next" in upper right corner

Choose a plan intensity (the estimated date for completion is listed)

follow through the screens to the chart.

touch "done" in the upper right corner to save

back, back to tile page

That "estimated" chart might just be what you are looking for, keep moving is the key.

Welcome to fitbit Jo!

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your input. I still think it would be a lot easier if your Fitbit did this automatically for you. If the user just entered the data. If it can be done for weight management it could also be done for automatically adjusting to the exercise data too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree, you might write something up for the features section for folks to vote on.

There are probably a lot of users that could appreciate a strict guideline to help with their stick-to-it-iveness. Just bear in mind though, the scale (not an expected calculation) is the true measure of success with a program so you still have to face it - I argue with my Aria all the time 😉

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes