Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Plan vs MyFitnessPal calories I can eat?

I am a newbie excuse the bombardment of questions. I have syncronized my fitbit profile with myfitness pal. I also setup a food plan on fitbit that closely matches that of the one on myfitnesspal. I have done 25 minutes of strength training and 22 minutes of cardio today an the difference is that Myfitnesspal tacks the calories burned on to what I can eat today. I see the activity has syncronized on my fitbit dashbored but the calories I can still eat on my Food Plan does not reflect the same information myfitnesspal shows after the exercise, it basically hasn't budged. Will that work itself out or am I looking at this from the wrong angle?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

It's been awhile, but I believe the two do that fundamentally differently. If I remember correctly MyFitnessPal is the entire day while Fitbit accumulates your BMR throughout the day. That can be rather annoying with Fitbit since many people eat dinner around 6PM when they still have a quarter of a day left. Most people don't actually eat a calorie a minute each and every minute of the day, but rather eat a few hundred calories here and there. 

Best Answer

Ah thanks I will keep an eye on that while I go today see if it changes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you sync it with your myfitness pal????

Best Answer

you need to link the two of them with each other.. individually.. go to each app and choose the option to link the other one.... then record food/water via myfitnesspal only, as will go to Fitbit, or it gets confused.

Best Answer

Agreed,  fit bit caclulated your ins and outs throughout the day.   myfitnesspal looks ast the overall day. 

Goals: Low Carb, high fat, 70-20-10 .... lose 20 pounds by 6/2017
Best Answer
0 Votes