Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found my fitbit and looking for friends to do challenges on the app!!

Hi everyone!! I live in Edinburgh and I recently found my fitbit and need to get the ball rolling again. Thanks to working shifts and being on the go constantly I've not been eating properly and haven't been exercising and my weight is at its highest ever and I now need to lose about 5 stone. I'm so angry with myself for letting this happen but I can't dwell on it and just need to get motivated and get on with my weight loss. I'm looking for friends to motivate me and help guide me through this long journey. I noticed with the app I can do challenges but I need friends first!! Anyone want to help out and get fit or stay fit and make a friend along the way?? Xx
Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi I'm from Nottinghamshire in the UK and have had my fitbit flex for nearly a year. I have found that it really has helped keep me motivated to excercise, and once I got into a routine I have managed my eating habits better too. I would be happy to be your friend and give support I have lost a bit of weight but still have jus over 4 stone to lose. I use the challenges on here a lot and it's amazing how it's helped me to up my game through competing with other fitbit users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I live near Chicago, USA  and am pretty new to the Fitbit.  I was doing a challenge through my employer but that has ended but I want to keep going.  I don't have a smartphone so I just use my computer to keep track.  So if you want to add me to your challenge, I'd be happy to join in.  I have been trying to lose weight (about 10 pounds) for a long, long time!  This holiday season is not the best time to start but I am willing to give it a try!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have just found my Fitbit again and I have a similar amount to lose! 🙂

What goals have you set yourself to help you on your way, and are you a fitbit premium or standard user?

You might want to think about setting a couple of days each week to log onto this forum and update us as to how you are doing, as accountability is often a great motivator.

Nice to meet you all!

Tinee

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am hoping to average over 13,000 steps a day and lose ten pounds.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello my name is Ginagirl from AZ.,  I saw your post about wanting to do the Challenges, you can add me to your list and I'd be happy to help keep you motivated.  I have some difficulty getting all my steps in, so a good challenge is a great way to be accountable.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

I too am looking for new friends, encouragement and motivation for the new year.

Good luck with your journeys!

Feel free to add me! www.fitbit.com/user/24BRZQ

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Yelobuni! I just got my first Fitbit (Charge) yesterday so today I've started my new regime! I am also in Edinburgh and have around 6 stone to lose so I'd love a 'fitbit friend' to help with motivation! I'm not entirely sure how it all works but I'll figure it out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Yelobuni, I'm from Virginia and I'd be up to join you on your way to further fat-loss. I'm in a similar situation but I recently purchased a fitbit to more acuratly track my progress. When I started all this about a year ago I was the heaviest I'd ever been as well but since then I've lost about 30 lbs. Still have about 30 more to lose though...

Best Answer
0 Votes