Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaining weight and calorie goal

When I let Fitbit decide my calorie goal it sets it so as to maintain  weight which is currently 96 lb. i am 40 lb under weight due to illness. I want to GAIN weight. I went into food and nutrition and set the options to gain weight. But when I look at fitbit’s settings I am still set to MAINTAIN weight. Obviously I do not want to do this. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Change your calories goal from a deficit to a surplus. I would set the number based on doctor's recommendation.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even when doing what @WavyDavey is describing, your food plan will still be set at Maintain because Fitbit does not support Weight gain. 

Do that and then set up a goal with your doctor and use the Fitbit to track that, without too much consideration for the food plan. Though set a weight goal and monitor the trend towards that goal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think because I have the same problem the only way to get the thing to work right is to pretend you weigh the amount you want to weight (so for myself I weigh 103 and want to get to 105 or more) so I have to pretend I weigh 105 and then it will tell me to eat the amount of calories to maintain that weight. Fitbit does not support weight gain. There is a group for that but who cares as Fitbit is not listening to everyone's health needs. The reason I think I'm right is that if you change the weight from real to desired it will automatically change how many calories it tells you to eat. Play around with it and you'll see what I mean. 

Best Answer
0 Votes