Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a car tyre around the waist?

Hi, I am a  male 65+ senior citizen  and new to the Fitbit community. Since a year or so, I notice that the fat around my waist has a tendency to increase. I go to the gym twice a week  for 1,5 hrs. each time and cycle & walk regularly.

My weight is 67/68 kgs. and my BMI is around 23. Looks good to me...…...but...…..What kind of extra or special exercise should I do to keep my tyre under control or even better, to get rid of it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the forums!

There is no way to spot reduce any part of the body. Would be nice.

Make sure you dont eat a lot of sugar. Cut back on  any alcohol. Only things I can think of

Hope to see you around the forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi @Huib - welcome, and I agree with @WendyB - the solution is in your eating, not your activity.

Weight loss / fat reduction is 95% what/when/how much you eat and 5% exercise.

Best Answer
Hi Wendy, Thanks for your advice. I am afraid that I am a healthy eater (next to a healthy sports person), so I will try to follow your recommendations and cut back on the bad things! Kind regards. Hubert
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Dave, I have replied to Wendy B but I am still new to this Forum thing so I hope that my reply to her will also be visible for you.
Thanks for your reaction! Beste regards, Hubert.

Verzonden vanuit Mail voor Windows 10
Best Answer

Hi @Huib - welcome, thanks, and yes, I saw your reply to @WendyB.  You'll get the hang of the site pretty quickly -- if I can do it, anybody can!

By the way, if you respond to someone and you want to make sure they see it, then include their name starting with a "@" and they will get notified.  So, for this post, I tagged both WendyB and you above, and both of you should be notified.  This is also how you can respond to multiple people in a single post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Huib hey there! At the risk of offending which I do not mean to.. I think for some men as they age any extra weight or liquid or food settles around the middle. For some it looks like a tire, for others a six month pregnancy. I think it is genetics and age. And maybe alcohol and carbs settling in. When I was heavier, mine all settled in my stomach and in my face. I looked like a pregnant full moon. You can try to reassess your food and try a little weight training just to see if you can "tighten" things up. But mostly, revel in the fact that you are healthy, active and I am hoping happy... 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Hi Emili,

Thanks for your comments. Rest assured that I don't feel one bit offended, why should I?......Any serious and helpful suggestion is welcome. The various reactions I received point to one thing: stay away from the "bad" things, which I will try to do. But excercising uses calories and calories need energy Smiley Frustrated, but seriously, I know what I have to do!  Thank you all for your help. Best regards from The Netherlands. 

Best Answer
0 Votes