Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got down to my goal weight and now I've put it all back on (and then some)

Over lockdown, I got an exercise bike and over 10 months, I lost nearly 3 stone. We moved house at the beginning of last summer, and since then I've literally fallen off the bike - stopped exercising, started eating junk food, stopped charging my fitbit and stopped weighing myself. Well, I got back on the scales last week, and I've put on all of the weight I lost and then some.

I am so dissapointed with myself. I'm back exercising daily again, and have cut calories so I'm in a deficit, but looking at my weight loss graph on the app has me back to thinking how hard it's going to be, and how long a road I've got ahead of me to get back to where I was. I didn't think I'd put on as much as I have, and so quickly in comparison to how long it took me to lose it.

Seriously in need of some motivation 😞

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I read about a lady who lost a bunch of weight and was motivated to keep it off by reminding herself about how terrible it was to be at her previous weight.  Maybe you could be motivated just by remembering how much more tiring and difficult everything is when you are 3 stone heavier, and easier when lighter.  Think how much easier to use crutches if you suddenly needed to as I did recently.  Much more terrible if I had weighed 40 pounds more.  Regaining could happen to anyone who doesn't use caution and new habits ALL THE TIME.  Dom't get discouraged.   You have done it before and al least know how.  You care, so I'm sure you will succeed, and It will only take half as long to lose half of the weight and you will then already start looking great again.  In 5 months you will  weigh 20 pounds less already.   August  .....reward yourself.

Best Answer

I think your greatest motivation is how you feel.   You know you can do this, you know how to do this and you know the reward you will get.   Most of us put the weight back on because when we get to goal, we think our journey is over and we can eat what we want.  This has to become a lifestyle , where if you miss your exercise you don't feel right.    Junk food has a place-usually in the garbage-but if you partake, you have to record it because whether you charge and wear your Fitbit, record your exercise or not, your body does!

Go back to how you ate when you were working out,  write out your plan and follow it.  you got this.

Best Answer

Recently I noticed I seemed to be eating all the time.....munching my way through the day.  I decided to stop eating except 3 meals; nothing else.  I lost 3 pounds.  Unfortunately the next day was Mother's day.  It is a good policy to diet at the grocery store and not bring bad food home.  If we mess up we need to consider throwing those destructive items in the garbage disposal or trash can.    Don't you think???    A doctor told me to ride my bike 10 minutes a day.  Such a doable goal, I do it.   Maybe that is a good lesson.  Lets not make goals too ambitious???    

Best Answer