Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR after blood donation?

Hello! so i recently got the charge HR and today have donated blood. My HR has increased as expected, but it now means my fitbit is reading slow walking as a fatburning level of activity, is this accurate due to reduced blood or should i ignore the extra calorie burn its giving me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hard to say really, but your body will be working harder at the moment. I would keep it as it is rather than ignore the extra calories.

Oh, and nice one for giving blood Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ahh thank you for the advice 🙂 Did go out for a brisk walk and made it into the cardio zone breifly while walking uphill, but was actually starting to get out of breath! So i think will take those extra calories. Just didn't want to kid myself into extra treats every 4months 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya, it's elevated HR for reasons beyond the level of effort getting harder.

You have less ability to transport the needed oxygen, hence out of breath, with each beat of the heart.

So it must beat faster to provide the same amount.

Only your heart is beating faster, and it's calorie burn is really minor in the scheme of your body.

You aren't burning anymore than you normally would except for the slight weight drop.

But it's a good day to not take a deficit, body needs to recover, and that's slower in a diet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes