Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone tried the Fast Metabolism Diet?

I saw it on Dr. Oz and it makes sense in my mind. Any opinions?
Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

I just bought the book and am excited to try it!  It looks promising.  I hope to sit down and read it this weekend.  Have you bought the book?  Has anyone had success on it?

Diane

Best Answer
I'm going to buy the ebook. I bought the app for $2.99 I'm excited to try it.

I have a tumor on my adrenal gland. I hope that doesn't stop me from loosing. It makes it so I can't use water efficiently. I drink 120 oz. of water a day and wake up thirsty. Before drinking that much water I was in pain everyplace on my body and my head was spinning and cloudy.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh my goodness!  Can they do anything about your tumor?  I can't even imagine!  I did buy the app for it and it is easy to operate.  I think I am going to buy the cookbook too.  I was going to look at Barnes and Noble tomorrow.  What I have read so far it makes sense.  I have been looking at her website too.  Keep me updated.  I just got my fitbit yesterday.  Trying to figure the ins and outs on it too.

Diane

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can have it removed but don't want to take 4-6 weeks off work. Or the money.

I'm very happy with my fitbit. It's keeping me motivated and in line. Keep me posted how you do with the fast motabolism diet. I'm very excited to try it. I always eat healthy and can't loos a pound. I'm a CNA and work very hard at work too.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've put off trying this diet for about a month. I'm sorry I waited because in my third dat I'm down 2.5 pounds. I've worked out all Sumer and watched calories and only lost 5 pounds. I'm ready to go do a commercial because I'm very happy. I'm one of those people that starved most of my life eating maybe one meal a day. My metabolism is shot. Now I'm eating a lot of food on this plan and having the best results I've ever had. I could cry.
Best Answer
Hello! Have you had any luck with the diet? I finally started it on Tuesday and want to scream from the roof tops that I found a miracle! 2.5 since Monday. .
Best Answer
0 Votes

Dropping stress related water weight is first good sign you are eating better.

Always be realistic though with fast gains or losses like you had, or you can be setting yourself up for more stress later, and since that's the root of the issue. It is water, no way around that.

2.5 lbs in 3 days, if you think fat weight, would mean:

2.5 x 3500 = 8750 calorie deficit / 3 days = 2917 calories daily eaten less than you burned.

I'm betting you didn't even burn that much daily, and you probably did eat, so impossible to reach that deficit daily - indicating water weight is only result, perhaps a tad bit of fat there.

But if your prior stress on body from undereating and worrying about weight loss was causing your body to adapt and retain water - what a great relief.

Welcome to the wonderful world of reasonable deficit for amount to lose and activity level.

Not only should you see your stress level go down if you are really ready for this, you should see your workout performance increase.

And as body is more comfortable, drop fat weight too. Congrats on good choice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed it pretty imperfectly for about 4-5 months and lost two dress sizes (I found a $25 wedding dress size 12, I was then a sixteen)--the commitment to the dress was very motivating. I found the diet somewhat cumbersome, and hard to reconcile with my very thin ice-cream eating husband's diet (mostly vegetarian, only food during day is protein drink, loves ice cream and sweets), but I learned alot about nutrition and would recommend the diet to anyone. Added dairy and soy and summer corn back in and have gained 4-5 pounds. Enter fitbit and tracking w/Sparkpeople. 

Best Answer
This is a different diet, but really worked for my wife and me. I lost 40 pounds , from 320 to 282, last year. This was before we got our Fitbits. We dropped off the diet around last May, and I gained back about 10 pounds to early August. I restarted this diet, and am logging 1700+ steps most days and have lost 10 pounds in the two weeks. http://www.amazon.com/The-Metabolism-Miracle-Control-Permanently/dp/0738213861/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qi...
Best Answer
I discovered that the things you should never discuss in pubic is religion politics and diet. Everyone has their own bible when it comes to loosing weight.
Best Answer
My wife just reminded me that we had been on the Fast Metabolism Diet early last year. We did OK, but I found it hard to change / follow the allowed foods every few days. I'm sure if we had gone more than just the 2-3 weeks we would have learned. We were always a day behind in our grocery shopping, getting food for step one just as we went to step two 🙂 The Fast Metabolism Diet was recommended by my wife's doctor, so it is probably a healthy diet / way of life.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Anything having to do with Dr. Oz makes me cringe. I don't have anything to say about the diet, but I do think that this video is worth a watch. 🙂

Best Answer
I love it! Thanks for posting.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am starting FMD again Monday.  I had good luck with it last year and I must say, it is not an easy diet to follow but if you read the book you see there is a lot of science involved.  it explains how your body works and why you are eating the way you are.  I feel soooo good when I eat this way so for me it works.  I feel good, lose weight, heartburn goes away.  It also tells you how to maintain it after you reach your goal, which I failed at.  BUT this is another year and I will be better!

Best Answer

I'm doing good!  I have struggled through the H Burn, it wasn't great but I do believe it works.  I want to do it again.  I also did the D Burn, in case you didn't know these are also Halie Pomroy short diets to heal what ails you.  H Burn for hormone balancing and D is for digestion.  I cheated and bought the shake mixes so I didn't have to do all the cooking and it has been great.  I really do believe in this way of eating, my biggest problem is I just get tired of all the cooking.  So when I get inspired I spend all day cooking my meals and freezing them, sometimes one meal will carry over through several weeks of phases, that helps me tons.  I found recipes that I really enjoy even for phase 2, I like the spinach turkey bacon onion and mushroom breakfast, my fav, I even eat it when not on phase 2.  Stick with it, it works and great for your health.

Best Answer

Hi! I tried the diet and lost about 8 pounds. The only problem I foud with it is you have to contantly eat and once you introduce carbs back in you can gain it really fast. My husband also claims I got really mean and cranky while I did the diet! I mentioned trying the diet again and he cringed and asked me to try a different diet. Good luck with the diet!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hallcl wrote:

Hi! I tried the diet and lost about 8 pounds. The only problem I foud with it is you have to contantly eat and once you introduce carbs back in you can gain it really fast. My husband also claims I got really mean and cranky while I did the diet! I mentioned trying the diet again and he cringed and asked me to try a different diet. Good luck with the diet!

Hi - you have really interesting feedback - I agree that it is different to be constantly eating, especially since my husband eats like 1 meal a day and his attitude when I need to eat more often makes me want to feel guilty, like I am overweight because I eat too much. I am working hard at not letting that bother me. Your comment about the carbs is the opposite of what I'm experiencing - I don't know when I have eaten so many carbs! Even on phase 2 I am still eating unlimited veggies, on my carb restricted diets I have to account for every cup of veggies as well! Thanks for the encouragement; I am losing weight slowly. I'd like to lose faster, but I'll take what I can get!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find I don't gain it back when I go off the diet unless I ad back the beer or wine.  That is my downfall so as long as I don't drink alcohol I maintain just fine.  I lost 12 pounds the first time I did it and I only was on it three weeks.  Maybe his meal should be mostly veggies like yours, he may decide he needs to eat more than one meal a day..  I will say you will be healthy and feel better by eating all the veggies and using the cooking methods she uses.  I find that I get favorite recipes and even when I'm not on the diet I still eat these things, maybe that helps to keep the weight off.  Sometimes I don't eat everything I am supposed to, but I find it still works.  I think you will have to look hard to find a plan that is healthier.  We need to just go with the plan that works for us.  This one works for me, I like it so I stick with it.  If you can, do some workouts or add some walks to help speed things up, it does really help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so glad you are liking this plan!  I really believe in it and the other programs she has.  I bet you will make the best choices you can, you may still even lose some!  So happy for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes