Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone tried weed instead of beer to lose weight?

Hi...I live in a medical marijuana state.  I was wondering if anyone has tried substituting marijuana for alcohol.  How did it work?  Did cutting out the alcohol calories make a difference?  Did you lose any weight?  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

That does absolutely work, beer is not your friend when trying to lose weight.

Just be sure to watch what you eat when the munchies kick in. Dry mouth...water water and more water, you will be rewarded with how great you feel the next day (no hangover)

Best Answer

Alcoholic beverages do contain a lot of calories, in addition, it has a negative effect on your body.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Most of this forum is from July but I'll comment anyway.  I haven't been able to drink wine lately because I had an attack of gout arthritis and alcohol was very risky with the medicine I was taking.  I've come to believe that even if you drink enough to get a bit bombed it isn't enough calories to be significant.  But I'm LITTLE.   So maybe if you are bigger it would work differently,  I also never believed exercise to lose weight ever worked.  People mostly eat more and don't lose weight.  But I'm learning my lesson.....on crutches, unable to walk without pain without the crutches , reduced activity so much that I'm gaining weight.  So, some activity DOES help with weight control.   Perfect weight for me is 110 (required for donating blood) I'm now almost carrying an extra 10 pounds!!   Alcohol doesn't really do anything for you....save those calories.  Every little bit helps.  You will get a better night's sleep without that diuretic.  

Best Answer

I will just say this. Do it it works 😂

Best Answer

I am 120lbs, if I consume 3 craft beers I have to log 750 calories. My daily goal is 1100. so I get breakfast, beer and a small healthy snack, that's just not worth it.

Depending on the edible, the calories are about 100, zero if you smoke it.

I have done some testing, and the calories from beer add fat faster to me than any other alcohol. Its a shame, but fact so I am doing my best to limit the beer to 2 a week. I have managed my weight since.

Marijuana is legal (depending where you live) and can give you the same lift/kick without the calories...

Best Answer

Do they make marijuana now that does not give you the munchies? 

Best Answer

I don't know how it works, but I start to lose weight very quickly when I drink beer. It works the other way around for my friends, but I have a strange body.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know how it works, but I start to lose weight very quickly when I drink beer. It works the other way around for my friends, but I have a strange body. After another drink, I can lose a pound or sometimes two. I haven't had that from smoking weed. Lately, though, I've stopped doing it because now manufacturers have stopped making quality products that I like. I'm waiting for companies to start introducing seed to sale software because I've read that it can improve productivity and automate quality control. That's when I can try something new again.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can see this thread is a little old, but I wanted to share my two cents. Alcohol does add those sneaky extra calories, and while I can't say I use it all that often, I do appreciate that weed lets me kick back without the calorie baggage. It's a definite plus if you're looking for an alternative to beer. But also, discovering that medicinal cannabis potentially reduces the number, and intensity, of migraines made a big difference for me. It's been a lifesaver in that department! So, I definitely think weed can be a versatile option, not just as a replacement for alcohol but also for treating certain health conditions.

Best Answer

Sativa gives me a lift, a "Body High"

Indica makes me hungry, lazy and a little stupid.

There's tons of info available.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interestingly, there is a weight "paradox" with cannabis- regular users tend to (statistically) eat more, but weigh less. It might be a metabolic effect of the content of the drug or it could have to do with the effects of stress on the body or of relative abstinence from other substances. Speaking from a USA perspective, the effect is not well-publicized or well-understood, probably because universities (for instance) do not want to be taken as promoting use of a substance that is still federally illegal here.

Best Answer
0 Votes