Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791

I've had my Zip for about 10 days and I have lost two to three pounds already.  Knowing my steps has encouraged me to find easy ways to increase them (such as walking a slightly longer route to get to the train in the morning), so I know I'm burning more calories than I used to.

Finding other users who walk a similar amount to me and competing against them is a great way to motivate myself to walk further.

On the flip side, tracking my food (something I've never done before) means I have a much better handle on the calories I'm consuming and as long as my calorie deficit is in the right ball park then I'm happy.

Best Answer

Over the past 2 months since I had it I have lost 19 pounds. I need to keep going to the gym at least 3-4 times a week. This week I have been slacking. My normal weigh in is Monday night. Hopefully, I can keep it up and be 1 or 2 pounds down more. 

Best Answer

Started with my Charge HR in January. 2 weeks ago I hit my first weight goal of 30 pounds and it was amazing. Just tracking intake alone is enough to start motivating you to make better choices! Now i get my butt up at 4:20 in the morning just so i have time to work out before work, and plan out lunches all week so i can also walk 45 minutes out of my hour! in the beginning i laughed out loud at the thought of getting 10K steps/day, yet now i am trying to challenge myself to have that by the end of lunchtime! yes- it's a tool to help you take control of what you are doing and show you what happens when you make choices. I'm truly glad to have started down this path and can't wait to hit my goal #2 (25 more pounds-i'll weigh what i did in high school!). This summer might just be one i don't loathe the whole time!

Best Answer

I lost 40 pounds before fit bit through change of diet. Then added exercise through fitbit charge HR just got it recently lost another 3 pounds. I am more motivated to lose weight then I ever have. I still have about 40 more pounds to go. 

Best Answer

I'm down 40 lbs in 6 months ( 208 to 168 ) hoping my HR will keep me on track to my 160 goal.

Best Answer
Wow! Good for you!
Best Answer

I got my fitbit charge on 4/20 and I have lost 7 lbs!

I log all my food but I try and stay under the green just in case I put something in wrong. I like how I can balance what I'm eating with what I'm doing. I can still have the occasional panda express without beating myself up. I just need to walk somewhere instead of take the train or take my dog on a longer walk. I feel free and less restrained. I've just made small changes to start and it's paying off. I've learned I can't throw myself in. I walk a half hour to work most days and a half hour back. I've been eating better and at real meal times rather than not eating all day and then pigging out. Today was the first day I worked out worked out. This has really helped with my stress levels as well. Having a thing around your wrist reminds you of your goal keeps you accountable and I need that.

I usually get between 10k to 15k steps a day and I am always drinking water. I have a desk job at a YMCA so I luckily have a free membership.

If I continue to have success I will invest in the Aria scale. I weigh myself every day I work. It's really satisfying to see my progress almost every day. 

Aspiring D-List celebrity and comedian in Chicago trying to get hot and healthy
Best Answer

I'm down from 273 to 251 in 8 weeks now.

Best Answer

Hi.  How is your weight loss going now?  I have had my fitbit for a week now and looking for friends to motivate me.  Hoping to lose a stone in weight.

Best Answer

I agree on the calorie counting and creating a deficit. I didn't really have good grasp of how many calories are actually in certain foods, and fitbit gave that to me once I committed to logging the food I eat everyday. 

Also, my One makes me feel guilty if I don't get my steps and active minutes everyday! 

I've had my One since January 2015 (new year's resolution), but I didn't commit to the diet part of weight loss until about two weeks ago. I'm down almost 5 pounds already and hope to have the other 20 off by the end of summer!

Best Answer

My eating has to get under control for me to lose weight. I have lost 75 pounds and need to still lose about 20 more... it's a struggle ya' know?! I think that the fitbit is a GREAT tool to motivate myself. I want to win competitions with my friends and then when I see just how much work it takes to burn off calories I am more hesitant to pig out. It's a balance that is hard to learn. Give yourself time as you learn to adjust your activity and your realistic caloric needs. Best of luck to you! Work hard! You'll get where you want to be!

Best Answer
Have had my FitBit Surge since Mother's Day. Joined a gym, taken spinning classes (first time ever), am walking more than ever, started running, attending weight training classes... Have not logged consistentl, but know I have stayed under or within a reasonable margin of my goal each day. Just lowered my deficit to see faster results (from 500 to 750). Have GAINED two pounds (banging head against wall).

Trolling the forums here is more confusing than helpful. Am pissed, honestly. Why does this weight loss thing have to be so **ahem**ed complex? Shouldnt this be easier? Like, burn more calories than you eat? Get active? Eat a bit less, move a bit more and it comes off?

I lost 100 pound about 13 years ago. Kept it off for 7 years until I got pregnant with my oldest. Lost all but ten pounds of the weight. Had another child, lost all the weight, plus some. Had another baby. HAVE NOT LOST ONE SINGLE POUND SINCE HE WAS BORN. I actually weigh more now than I did when I bought him home from the hospital.

When I lost weight before, it was all about fewer calories, not so much exercise. I found my best success by doing cardio, light weights and a diet of about 1500-1600 calories per day. I CANNOT BEAR THE THOUGHT OF SO FEW CALORIES NOW. I WILL NOT MAKE IT ON SO LITTLE. INWILL COLLPSE. No joke. So I have begun training harder so I can eat a little more. Again, nit losing weight -- GAINING.

PISSED PISSED PISSED
Best Answer

@Hoorah   Sounds like you are setting yourself up to fail before you start.. Cutting calories works fine if there the right calories.. 100 calories of Potato Chips isn't the same as 100 calories of Carrots.. it's not how you eat it's what you eat. That and exercise of some type.. even walking ..pushing yourself to get that 10,000th step will get you where you want to be. Don't give up get informed !! You can do this 🙂

Best Answer
I understand setting myself up for failure because my attitude stinks. I get that. It's a temporary thing. I just weighed myself. Not. Happy.

But a calorie is a calorie is a calorie. I mentioned I lost 100 pounds previously. And kept it off. Then I lost typically 25 pounds each after the birth of all but one of my children. It wasn't by eating carrots instead of chips. It was by consistently eating LESS. Of food.

Thanks for the "you can do this" -- seriously. I mean it. Need a cheering section. But again, frustrated by all the hubbub around weight loss. Everyone seems to have a different "answer". But as a nation, we are fatter than ever -- I know I am! What's the deal?
Best Answer

Are you using any kind of app to log what you eat ? I am not a nutrionist or a personal trainer but let me share my journey with you ..Last Oct. my daughter decided she had been fat long enough and I myself at the time was getting out of hand after I retired.. I was 210 lbs. and could barely fasten my size 36 jeans. We both started using the MyFitnessPal app and bought a cheap $10 a month gym membership. I eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week plus since i got my Fitbit I try my best to get the 10K steps.  as of this morning I am down to 164 lbs ( i'm 5-9 ) and a size 30 pant. My daughter has lost 70 lbs in the same time frame several pant sizes. It can be done without starving yourself and a little motivation .. I seriously wish you success ..I know it can be done and you know you can do it..  I'll leave you with a sign on my gym wall... "

There are no judgments here: no too much or not enough–no glares of disapproval.
Here we keep open minds. We are nurturers. We seek only to encourage, empower and entertain.
There is no one type. There is no one reason. There is no one way. What we are is a diverse community;
what we have is a culture of fun; what there is, is room for everyone: all kinds of people with all kinds
of goals who’ve chosen to reach them with us.
Best Answer
Honestly, I think I need to be more accurate and consistent with my food logging. I think I eat more than I guesstimate. I log through my FitBit, but not every day.

I logged food for YEARS and can tell you how many calories are in just about anything. I used to obsess over it. Trying to stay away from that "obsession" after I developed an eating disorder. "Recovery" came with therapy, children and a supportive husband who loves me just the way I am. But I know I need to lose the weight. Yet, I was a heavy child and an obese teenager who fought back in her early 20's and won. ...Now, however, it feels like I am starting all over again. Like it can't be accomplished.

So my resistance is one of stubbornness, fear, bad attitude and negativity. I honestly wish I could eat whatever I want, work out a little harder AND lose the weight. I'm consistently burning around 2300 calories a day. 1800 should be enough of a deficit to see results. But it's not.
Best Answer

Started using the iPhone app at the beginning of the week while awaiting my Surge.  Surge showed up two days ago.  In that week I have lost 5 pounds.  I think the two biggest things for me are logging the foods I eat and working to reach my step goals.  

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got.
Best Answer

@Hoorah wrote:
Honestly, I think I need to be more accurate and consistent with my food logging. I think I eat more than I guesstimate. I log through my FitBit, but not every day.

I logged food for YEARS and can tell you how many calories are in just about anything. I used to obsess over it. Trying to stay away from that "obsession" after I developed an eating disorder. "Recovery" came with therapy, children and a supportive husband who loves me just the way I am. But I know I need to lose the weight. Yet, I was a heavy child and an obese teenager who fought back in her early 20's and won. ...Now, however, it feels like I am starting all over again. Like it can't be accomplished.

So my resistance is one of stubbornness, fear, bad attitude and negativity. I honestly wish I could eat whatever I want, work out a little harder AND lose the weight. I'm consistently burning around 2300 calories a day. 1800 should be enough of a deficit to see results. But it's not.

But you have admitted you don't log very well at all.

So you can't really say you eat 1800. You have no idea really, right.

You have no idea if you have a deficit.

But you are correct, it's about moving a little bit more, and eating a little bit less.

Sadly most people make extreme changes to both of those and negatively impact their bodies. You likely lost some muscle mass with last diet, and it's made it harder this time to succeed.

And attempting it again is probably causing stress here at first, and if you actually have a deficit to lose fat, stress with elevated cortisol can cause retained water of upwards of 20 lbs - that can mask a lot of weeks of fat loss.

But sadly also cause body to adapt.

But I'm betting on there not being an actual deficit, because that is a small reasonable one, with small margin for error. Which means accurate food logging is required.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
Hi Hoorah,

For some people getting what appears to be calories in/calories out balance
correct solves all weight control problems. This works if the fat is
released. If you do not realise this the fat is released in the form of
carbon dioxide and breather out your mouth (well nearly 90%). If this is not
happening for you then try a different tact.

Two suggestions

My recommendation is to see a dietician.

Try High Intensity Intermediate Training. There is scientific proof this
works. I can send you the information if you are interested. The simplest
way is on a spin bike. Do a 5 minute warm up than for 20 minutes pedal hard
for 8 seconds (pick a level and speed that you can handle) and then light
peddling for 12 seconds. Have a 5 minute cool down. Do this 3 days a week.

Regards

Richard
Best Answer
Down 41 pounds and at 14% body fat since Jan 16

The key for me was not the exercise (I always exercised)

It was the calorie tracking. It's all about the kitchen... (90% at least IMHO)
Best Answer