Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791

@MathKnight wrote:
The fitbit reminds you the you need to get up and move. You can lose
weight by moving more and adding exercise to your daily activities, but if
you want to make a real difference in your life you need to change the way
you eat. My husband and I both lost 60 pounds in about 15 months by adding
more exercise into our day and by changing our diet. We added more fruits
and veggies to our diets and we very seldom go out to eat. Stay away from
fried foods and carbs like potato chips, tortillas, pastas, and breads.
Find someone(s) to go with you on your journey. Having a buddy helps keep
you motivated. Have a competition with family and friends and work towards
a common goal (do a 5k together).

My wife and I walk everyday, try for 12K after I have walked/jogged in the AM.  The conversation is the best, very intimate.  Loving the challenges as well!

Frederick..helping others have more...
Best Answer

I bought mine last May and did great until Sept. then slipped back to about where I was. 

I'm hoping my re-commitment to myself works. 

Hang in there !!!

Best Answer

I bought mine last May and did great until Sept. then slipped back to about where I was. 

Hang in there!

Best Answer

@Jefffs12 wrote:

Hang in there!

I am hanging, but turning up the exercise, sick today, but I will still meet my fitness goals.  What are you going to do differently this time?

Frederick..helping others have more...
Best Answer
Just focus on the reason for the goals...

To put it in the simplest of form...I have people dependent on me and I
need to live quite a while longer.
I like all the other reasons....feel better, look better, higher self
esteem....but the bottom line is living longer, right?

I just need to keep my eye on the prize....:)

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer

I've lost weight and found a competitive bone I didn't know I had. Love the weekly and weekend challengers. Always looking to add more "friends"

Best Answer

I have lost a few pounds since Ive had my fitbit for a week. 3.7 I will continue to do what I am doing until I hit a plateau then make an adjustment.

Best Answer

I just got my Fitbit Charge 2 this week, and I've already lost a kilo! I think the tracking and really seeing what I'm doing helps.. But I suppose I'll see how it goes as I continue wth it!

Best Answer

I've lost 80 lbs since 5/18/17.

I got my first fitbit (Flex) in September 2017, and I'm shocked at how something so simple can keep me motivated to MOVE. I recently upgraded to Charge2 and passed the Flex down to my wife, who is also currently more active because of it.

Fitbit is a real game changer for sure.

Best Answer

I have reached my goal of losing 70 pounds, and have reached my original goal weight of 184!! I think I can set a new goal and work to drop another 10-15 pounds. Now the exercise regimen starts!

When I started I really didn't believe I could do it (I was all in to do the work), but I had been so over weight for 30 years. It took a little more than 2 years almost to the day. There were some plateaus, and even some setbacks, but perseverance, and slow and steady can win the race. 

Everybody eats, works, thinks, and exercises differently, so what I did to rid 70 pounds of fat may not be for you. But for those who are interested. I did (and continue to do) the following: 

I cut out all products containing Corn Syrup, Nitrites, and Nitrates. You gotta read labels! I reduced my intake of products containing sugar. No milk (no ice cream). No soy. No sodas (diet is as bad as regular). No potatoes, and almost no bread. I greatly reduced my wheat and other starch intake. No products with the word 'diet' or 'low calorie' as a main feature on the packaging. I buy certified organic foods whenever possible. 

I do not restrict any types of meats or vegetables. So, bacon, eggs, sausage, steaks, etc. are all on my ok list. Meats with fat are not bad. Salads with balsamic vinegar or steamed veggies with a little butter with dinner. I eat lots of raw veggies for snacks, carrots, tomatoes, celery, cucumber, etc. I also will have almonds, pistachios, or cashews for snacks. 

I ALWAYS have a breakfast! I drink a protein shake with blended with frozen fruit every morning, no exceptions. I eat 4-6 times a day (small meals or snacks) and never after 8PM. My lunch is typically larger than my dinner. I haven't counted calories in a long time, but I would say I am taking in about ~1,800 to ~2,200 a day. I am a techie, so I was into calculating calorie intake for my first couple months.

I try to drink lots of water daily. I don't like drinking water, cold tap or filtered water. So, I solved that by getting a SodaStream system to make my own 'Perrier' sparkling water. Sometimes I add a lemon or orange slice.

The first two months were when I had to focus the most and be diligent about reducing portion sizes. Combining that with eating slower, having more meals a day, and my stomach shrinking a bit, after that I no longer felt like I was denying myself food. I was not hungry after meals any longer, in fact I could reduce portion sizes again because I felt full before I had finished the plate.

I take a lot of daily supplements. The ones that I think are applicable, are a pro-biotic (live multi-culture), omega-3 Krill oil, garcinia cambogia (find high quality, there's lots of junk out there). 

I really think my weight loss is more about what I don't eat any more, and when I eat (never after 8PM), than anything else. I don't ever feel like I have starved myself. If I get an hunger urge, I have a small snack and sparkling water.

Note that I haven't mentioned exercise yet. So for the majority of the 2 years I did not have an exercise regimen. I walked and biked, occasionally. I relocated to be with my new wife, so there was a lot of box lifting for a couple months last year.

So, I wanted to post this for those who are skeptical about their ability to make their weight loss goals happen. I was really skeptical, so If I can do it, you can do it. Find what works for you and stick with it, for the long term. Fast weight loss is not permanent weight loss. Your body needs to see the new lower weight as normal. If you loose it too fast, your more likely to put it back on.

It is not about 'diets' and dieting. It needs to be a lifestyle change, and that takes time to become 'normal' again. Don't sweat the plateaus and small setbacks, that's normal. Just focus on the good food habits you've setup and try to do a little more each day (activities, walking, etc.), add the exercise when you need it (plateaus). If you can make exercise a regular thing, all the better, you'll probably get to your goal faster than I did. 

With all this said, I am no expert. This is just what worked for me. I got a lot of encouragement from family and friends (a big help to keep me focused). So I want to encourage you to keep at it. And if your here, thanks for reading (writing this was cathartic for me), and all my best to you.

Andy

Best Answer
Thanks Andy for sharing. I too believe that most weight can be shed by focusing on a new lifestyle of better eating habits. Exercise for me is empowering. I have a chronic pain issue which limits my ability to go hard core but thankful it doesn’t make my condition worse; so I move as much as I can when I can and I try to make it a daily habit. I don’t beat myself up when life interferes with exercise. We still have a family and a job. I’m glad you have the support of family and friends. I can imagine how helpful that would be. I’m kind of a turtle in my weight loss (25 lbs over 8 months) but like you said slow and steady and we get there.:-)
Cyndi

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
Crazy isn’t how competitive we can be. Fitbit works for me as well. I stated with the Blaze, then sold it online when Charge2 came out. I welcome new friends to challenge with weekly and on weekends to get me moving more.

Best Answer
Congrats on your weight loss! Enjoy moving more, challenging yourself and others. I love when a new challenge starts each week/weekend/day. Add me if you’d like!

Best Answer

yes I have lost weight, just by moving more 15# in 2.5 months. It has slowed down now going to have to watch what I eat now.

Best Answer

Hang in there, it will get better, just keep it up. Your body will follow when it's ready. NEVER LOOSE HOPE. 

Best Answer

Hang in there, it will get better, just keep it up. Your body will follow when it's ready. NEVER LOOSE HOPE.

Friend meFriend meIMG_0809.PNG

Best Answer

That is great that you lost that amount of weight, a real accomplishment.

I am working my way there myself. Losing 60lbs is my goal and Im already down 25lbs in 2 1/2 months.

I walk a mile at lunch, stationary bike every night after dinner (40 minutes) and watch the calories and always leave 500 calories "on the table". Also i dont count exercize when counting calories.

We mentioned things in your post that make a lot of sense.

• A support system
  • More exercize
  • Less calories
  • Eat cleaner
  • Future goals

Keep it up! (thumbs up)

Best Answer

Thanks for your very detailed explanation of how you lost weight.  I'm having problems losing weight and am very detail oriented so I really appreciated your post.

Best Answer

Yes! I got my Fitbit on March 7th, my fiance and I both wanted to try and get into shape. The day that I got the Fitbit, I weighed in at 330 pounds. Over the past month, I have overhauled my diet, counting my calories and macros closely. I was over on my calories ten days over the past month. And I started exercising as well, at least four times a week, either at the gym or walking outside. When I weighed in this morning, the scale said 319.2, that's almost 11 pounds in a month! 

As you probably know, results vary from person to person. It all depends on how much you need to lose, your nutrition and exercise. I lost so much because I have 100 pounds to lose. 

Just keep pushing through. Hopefully, when the weather is nicer, you can get in some more steps, and the pounds will start coming off!

Best Answer

Left:225 size 38(Tight)  Right: Size 34 with roomLeft:225 size 38(Tight) Right: Size 34 with room

lost 35 pounds

Best Answer