Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791

I got my Ionic for my 50th. 

Lost 6lb so far and it has helped motivate me to break out of my plateau. 

Really ly happy with my progress over the last three weeks. 

Best Answer
Yes, read my posts.  I am less than a pound away from my goal.  Love the fitbit and all it has done to helpd me keep on track.  Frannma

Best Answer

I have had a Fitbit since 2013.  I've had many varieties.  I didn't really start relying on it until January 8, 2016.  I started at 249.9 and at one point got to 159.9.  Today I weighed in at 168.9.  I want so badly to get to 149.9 so I can say I lost 100 pounds! I have tried to break away from Fitbit and use the Apple Watch, but I don't like it.  In a perfect world I'd wear one on one arm and one on the other and not look like a goober!  I am addicted to the Fitbit app.  I love how it has everything from steps to sleep.  I know I would not have lost as much weight without my Fitbit.  I just ordered the Ionic today, and I am so excited to see what it has to offer.  I liked the Blaze, but I didn't love how it was connected to the band.  Mine had a tendency to pop out of it's cage.  I really do wish Fitbit offered some sort of rewards like once you've been with them for a year a 25% off coupon or something like that....just an idea.

Best Answer

I have lost about 15 pounds. The challenges are fun for me.

Best Answer

I've found that difference Fitbit devices produce greatly varying numbers of calories burned.  (I have a second Fitbit account. I'll connect a different Fitbit to a different phone.)  When I wear a Fitbit that shows the higher numbers burned, such as a Fitbit Blaze with heart rate calculating on, I do not lose weight. I lose weight when I use a One.  I lose weight, although not as much, when I wear a Flex or a Blaze without heart rate tracking on.

keengkong
Fitbit Flex user
Best Answer

I have lost 45 lbs. Another 5 to go. To some I will give credit to fitbit, but I also changed my eating habits. I don't eat processed foods and I try not eat past 6pm. Portion control was huge for me too. Fitbit is keeping me on target though. I push to hit my 10,000 steps a day. 😄 Good luck to EVERYONE.  It's one step at a time!

Best Answer
Keep it going! Portion control is an issue for me. Am always happy to hear
about your journey!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
I have an old Fitbit HR. Was thinking about the ionic. Can you share how it
is working?

Keep it going!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

@Jabu wrote:
I have an old Fitbit HR. Was thinking about the ionic. Can you share how it
is working?

Keep it going!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

I love my Ionic.  That said, it is a new and very complex device and there are some features which aren't fully debugged yet.  How specifically are you planning on using it?

Best Answer

I'm really happy with my Ionic. Yes, it's pricey, almost as much as an Apple Watch and I was very tempted to go that route. What swayed me the

most was the battery life of the Ionic. While I have never gotten five days without charging I'm using the GPS functions running or walking almost every day so I'm happy getting three days or so per charge. 

In terms of functionality I can't compare with other fitbits as this is my first but once I figured out how to configure the apps to send alerts to the watch I felt like I was really taking advantage.

its also nice having all your stats at your fingertips for steps, calories, stairs, minutes, etc. 

It it does seem to crash about once a charge cycle so I had to investigate how to reboot it. I assume there are still a couple of software issues to resolve.  Not a biggy for me but I look forward to an update. 

I haven't tried any of the coaching features and the payment option is not currently available in Canada so I haven't tried it either. 

Best Answer

I adore my Ionic!  I honestly don't use it to its fullest smart watch capabilities.  I use it as a fancy Fitbit which is all I wanted anyway.  I love that I can see everything at my fingertips.  I can see my hourly steps and all that good stuff.  Its display is amazing!  It is so clear and beautiful.  I know I will eventually use the other functions, but for now what I have figured out, I love!!!

Best Answer

I've been at it for probably for about a year now. i started at 275, got down to 205.... currently at 219 hehehe. but i'm back in the saddle

Best Answer

I had put on quite a bit of weight in October 10 lbs which seemingly came out of nowhere. I couldn't understand why because I was exercising regularly and I didn't feel like I had changed anything major in my diet. For my b-day I asked for a fitbit watch. I got money from the in-laws and used it to buy a fitbit charge 2. I have only had it for like 14 days but I think it is great that I can get an estimate of how many calories I burn and that if I take the time to log in my food (which granted is tedious) I can get my caloric intake. That alone has been an eye opener. I saw that while I did have 2 or 3 days where I was in deficit that the other days were either neutral or surplus. So despite having great days on average I was still getting too many calories or at least not making a significant enough dent to actually lose any weight. Thyroid issues run in my family both sides and I have already been told that I will have hypothyroidism and so that was really my first thought, that my thyroid had finally went. After seeing the data though I felt like I ought to give it a good go and if even then I gain or remain stuck I can just take the data into the doctor. Anyways the first week I lost 3.8 lbs which is astronomical for me, aka never happened. I should mention I am not overweight currently I am just trying to get rid of the extra weight I put on in October. My weight-loss plan is actually set for 1 pound a week, so nothing extreme/unmanageable. Tomorrow I weigh-in again and I think that will be the real test. I have achieved the deficit I need for my weight-loss unless I go crazy at dinner so it should be possible for me to have lost 1 lb. It will be interesting to see. On the first week I didn't try to meet the step goals or increase my activity really because I wanted to see the baseline. I did monitor calorie intake though and make adjustments.  I am somebody who doesn't miss workouts but is quite sedentary when I am not working out and so for the 2nd week I have thought about moving around a bit more, taking walks and such. I don't need longer workouts I just need to remember to move in between (I love reading and writing, not very active hobbies).

My weight-loss advice: Be honest. I never eat in secret. If I want something sweet I eat it with someone or I tell someone. Fitbit is helping me to keep honest. I learned that every other Friday when I go into town and eat out for lunch that those meals are sometimes super high calorie and that Friday is a low activity day for me. I learned that on rest days I border on statue and that actually taking a walk on my rest day doesn't inhibit my healing/recovery process and allows me a chance to get the sun I need during the long winter months. I learned that the snacks I eat at work when we have break were adding too many calories and so on. So I would say record yourself in your normal routine carefully and then once you see what you are doing make slow, gradual changes. Whatever changes you make you have to live with for life, so they need to work with your life otherwise they won't last. Forget vanity weight, think health. There isn't a quick fix, it is a process like everything else.

Best Answer

My numbers are almost identical to yours. I did make it down to 199 for
one day and now up to 220 which is still not bad.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

I'm down 13 lbs since mid June. Seven (7) more to go to reach my goal.

Best Answer
No, I am still at my chosen weight.  I am not going to put that weight back on.
Best Answer

And Hellloooo Thanksgiving, ugh.. but I know I will take it right back off. Great job everyone!!

Best Answer

I had samples of all the goodies at Thanksgiving, but gained no weight.  I watched my calories.  They say the average person ate 4500 calories for the Thanksgiving meal.  Mine was around 800 and I even had pie and a croissant. 

Best Answer

I am 7 months in and down 17 lbs but I have plateaued this last month.  I have lots of excuses but I know that's all they are.  I will get back on track soon.

Best Answer
Get on track now.  It is for you.  You are the only one that can do this.  Stay on it.  Find a pair of pants or dress you love that is too small.  Work to get into this item.
Best Answer