Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791

I have lost over 37 pounds in over a year and I now weigh 161.6 and Im at a normal weight for my height 5 foot 8. I want to reach 155 pounds and I am in no rush, but its thanks to fitbit and being consistent with tracking my food and exercise/activity.

Best Answer

starving yourself is not the weigh to lose weight.

Best Answer

Since I struggle with hypothyroidism, I have to work extra hard to eat right and exercise regularly. I also have a desk job. My Fitbit has been awesome in helping keep track of how well I'm doing in eating, sleeping, exercising, etc. I am definitely addicted to this device and would highly recommend the product. At first, my goal was 10,000 steps per day and eat healthy. I lost six pounds the first month but started stalling. It seems like in order for me to lose weight weekly, I have to walk at least five miles per day. I do this by walking at least 5,000 steps in the mornings (before work), use distant parking places, use stairs as much as possible, and walk and/or use the elliptical in the evenings. You have to change your old, bad habits gradually until you develop new healthier habits. Now I am proud to say my dog and I look forward to our daily walks together. 

Best Answer

Hi there..I have had my Fitbit charge 2 a month and have lost 6lb..it has motivated me to get fit and loose weight..you'll get there it will just take time 😊...Traci..

Best Answer

Thank you for your encouraging post! Last year at this time, I was able to lose 12 pounds in my first month of eating healthy and walking (5 miles/day). I cut out sodium, ate healthy foods, and didn't let myself go hungry (I'm hypoglycemic). This summer is different. I can't seem to get past losing six pounds. I'm going to try tracking my food closely to see if this helps. It's very frustrating, but I would not go a day without wearing my Fitbit. I really love this device!

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is the correct attitude to have.  It will take time, but when you start to have more energy and can get into a smaller sized clothing the smile on your face will be well worth the effort.  Good luck and continued success.
dfranniema 
Best Answer
You have set goals for yourself and it looks like you are achieving them
“one step” at a time. You are on fire!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there 

yes I have lost weight since I got my Fitbit. I have nearly lost 6lbs 😊.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another month has drifted by & I have lost another 1lb for a total loss of 26lbs over 14 months.  For the first time, the weight loss has seemed a bit of an effort.  My challenge is meals outside the home otherwise my diet is consistent with losing weight.  This month included a buffet meal at a dinner theatre plus treats for Father's Day and my birthday.  

On a positive note, the snow melted in May so I dug out a pair of shorts I hadn't worn since the Fall.  I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the belt needed tightening by around 3 cms.

Stick with it, everyone.

Best Answer
Great post.  You keep up the good work.
dfranniema
Best Answer

My weight loss journey continues. To date I've lost 44 lbs since last July (258 lbs then). With just 3 lbs to go to reach my target of 210 lbs.

Best Answer

No. I have over 4.8 million steps on my Fitbit and I weight the same as I did when I started. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tagureit wrote:

No. I have over 4.8 million steps on my Fitbit and I weight the same as I did when I started. 

You joined on 31-May-2013 (five years ago). Are these steps for the entire period? 4.8M steps in 5 years is an average of 2630 per day.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

No. Three years of that time was dealing with and recovering from a injury 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've lost over a hundred pounds since getting my fitbit Charge 2 6 months ago. So much of that was diet, it's insane. Having the fitbit on my wrist reminds me all the time that I'm on a mission to get healthy. I honestly wouldn't have been able to do it without the fitbit. (I needed the extra push every day.) 

Best Answer
This is great.  It is wonderful when you see results.  Congratulations on your success so far.
dfranniema
Best Answer
0 Votes
What are you eating?  Maybe some changes in extras and eliminating some high calorie sauces might help.  Fruit and veggies can be a huge help as well...you can literally fill up on them.  Eating away from home is a challenge as well.  Try keeping a food diary.  Keep us informed of your progress.
franniema
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good job!
Best Answer
0 Votes
It isn’t just stepping, also what you eat

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yes, I have lost weight. I am down 5,9 kg since April 3rd. I started at 69,7 kg and my average weight this week has been 63,9 kg. My goal is 60 kg.

I have gained some weight the last few years and tried to lose weight on several occasions. What is so extremely helpful with the Fitbit is that it helps me see how much I burn every day. I also count the calorie intake of course.

In the past I used to cut the calories too much which led me to be extremely hungry after a while and over eat junk food. When I know how much I burn it's so much easier to keep the calories on a reasonably level. A 500 kcal deficit seems to work well for me. If I lower the intake below that I get too hungry. I am content with this pace of weight loss which has been quite steady from the start. I am not rushing since I am not technically overweight. I just wanna look better and get the body that I wish for. I feel like I will probably have to continue counting calories for quite a while to maintain my weight after I reach my goal, but now it's become a habit so it's not that much work anymore. It's totally worth it!

Best Answer
0 Votes