Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791
Indeed, I increased my step expectation and that has helped more than
anything.
Best Answer

I am down 18 lbs and 5 1/2 inches in the waist. I walk 10K- 20K daily. I also watch my food intake.  I am obsessed with walking and the fitbit.

Best Answer

I received my fitbit from son and daughter-in-law Dec 2013.  Didn't really do much with it until Marxh 2015.  I weighted over 200 lbs.  I am now down 58 lbs.  Exercise is important but changing the way and amount you eat is also important. My goal is around 130 and then maintain that weight.  I wish fitbit made a water proof device.

Best Answer

I've hit over 300lbs three times in my life, dropping to ~280, ~250 and now as of today, 241lbs.  After this last go-round I've said never again.  So I lost from 317 to ~245 from November 2014 to Summer 2015 on a weight loss program.  From my previous loss, I knew it was mostly diet related.

For the first time in over 25 years I was able to put on a pair of size 36 trousers!  

The goal my doctor and I had was getting me to my 230s and seeing how I feel.  I've been maintaining in the 240s for a while with frustrations and I decided to leave the regular weigh-ins while still remaining on th e program - doing it myself.

I knew I needed a scale, and that more than likely, exercise was the only way I'm going to get down to the 230s.  Picked up my FitBit (Charge HR) and Aria scale over a week and a half ago and I've gone from 248 down to my new low of 241 today.  Much of it is being careful of my diet and I think exercise is contributing, but having a scale to use in between weigh-ins and being able to confirm some of the things I noticed about my body while losing has helped to increase my confidence.  

For once that 230-ish number seems well within reach.  

Best Answer

Hello everyone i'm so excited about the community and the people who have been such a blessing as we have been doing these challenges and going forth i joined the fitbit nation 3/23 when a group on facebook recomnded the tracker and I have loved it every since. I have the Charge hr and I can happily report to you today that I have lost 5lb and i'm excited about it. 

Best Answer

Fitbit has given me so much motivation to stay active and to become athletic when i started my diet!

I was massively overweight and lost about 20kg now. Im very happy and thankful for it.

Rashed AlNaber
Best Answer

It's about tracking, measuring, counting what comes in versus goes out.  I bought this to get a track of my heart rate during biking/excersize.

Since then, I found the app and have been logging my weight and calories.  Depending on how accurate your logging things, I'm finding that my results are about 10% off from the 'calculated' numbers of 3500 calories = 1lbs.

This will not hold in the long run, and if you excersize muscle building will offset some weight loss - wich IS GOOD - muscle is more calories burned!  Just make sure things are starting to fit better.

You'll have periods where you stall out - time to watch things closly and determine if it's a plateu or you've beem missing something.

I've have this for about 2 to 3 weeks and havelost about 8 lbs.  It should be about 2lbs a week, and I'm strying to stay at -1000 calories per day or less...  more like -1000 to -1500.  But I'm a 6'3 280 lbs man.  So my calorie burn is 3500 + activity.  but as it goes, I'm imperfict.

But what the fitbit DOES is allow me to track and measure,  From there, it's up to me to make modification to keep progress going.

Best Answer

Weight loss is 90% diet 10 % exercise. Cut your calories to 800 cals per day using low GI foods and walk 10k steps per day morning or evening, it will take about 50 minutes. Also do 5-10 minutes of hard HIIT exercise. You will loose fat and muscle, For the normal human with a normal mind-set the muscle lose cannot be avioded, you will just have to live with it. I've shed 17kg since I got my HR Charge and 10kg of that in the last 5 weeks.

If you hand goes near your mouth, think about whats in you hand before it actually goes in your mouth. (This is also hard to do for the average person).

Good luck.

From an normal human being.

Best Answer

@Lyndonp wrote:

Cut your calories to 800 cals per day. [...] I've shed 17kg since I got my HR Charge and 10kg of that in the last 5 weeks.

800 calories a day is an extremely low intake (especially for a big guy), not sustainable for very long. And a 10 kg weight loss in 5 weeks is also very extreme.

No wonder some muscle loss occurs with a diet that low in calories and a weight loss rate that aggressive. With a more reasonable deficit and doing the right things (resistance training, eating enough protein), muscle loss can be minimized.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi Dom. Yes you are correct in both. The reason for my extreme loss is to reverse my newly diagnose diabetes type 2. It is a very low cal diet for 8 weeks designed to shed visceal fat and free up the pancreas and liver. With the training I have been doing it is not possible to keep the muscle, its just gone. However, the bigger goal is to reverse the diabetes. Please take a look at; https://www.facebook.com/Road-to-Reversing-Diabetes-543982872442635/

When this is done, protein shakes and chick all round!!

Best Answer

@Lyndonp: OK, I didn’t realize what your primary goal was. Do you already have diabetes, or are you pre-diabetic? I’m not really familiar with the condition, but I was under the impression once you have diabetes, the process cannot be reversed. Good luck in any case with your endeavour!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Good luck lyndonp

keep us updated

Although not suitable for everyone, it is an option worth looking at for some people
Best Answer

I recently bought my partner and I the Surge. We started counting our calories on the 8th of March and have lost a little over 7 pounds so far. Our goal is 10 pounds a month. I would say its less of the actual Fitbit and more of our consistency and commitment to logging things, and taking it one day at a time;sometimes one meal at a time.

I think what has helped is not focusing at first with what we eat, but how much. We are slowly transitioning out foods that give us "empty calories", but are doing it gradually so that we don't notice much. We also have been aware to not put a lot of pressure on ourselves about going to the gym. We arent hitting our 10,000 steps every day, and arent going to the gym every day. But in the last 3.5 weeks we are getting twice as many steps, and go to the gym at least once a week.

Slow and steady wins this race 🙂 Good luck!!

Best Answer

I agree the fit bit helps me track my calories burned and eatet throughout the day!  Its like this great visual reminder that if I go to the gym before dinner I will have some extra calories for the salad dressing I love so much or the almonds I die for.

Best Answer

I lost 7 lbs intitially, now my body has adjusted to walking and my results stalled. 
I have now picked up the pace by increasing my heart rate in intervals and tweaking my diet a little more.  
The Charge HR is great for tracking intensity with the graphs on my iPad.  
Now, to see how much the changes will pay off.  
I am also lifting weights for upper and lower body a few times a week.  That has been a game changer for me in the past.  Those squats and lunges get my heart rate up and melt the fat.  

Best Answer

Yes!  I started Feb 2015 and initially lost 12 lbs. I did track food in the beginning, I really lost the most wt after changing to low carb way of eating. I have lost 25 lbs from my highest to now!

Best Answer

Coming up at the 2-year mark, same weight.  I dont wear my fitbit every day now.  I think what it did was allow me to set up habits.  Now, I know when I need to get up more.  I know the walk with the dog is about 2000 steps, and unless I run, I don't have much chance of reaching 10000.

I have read a lot of books on how to make something into a habit.  The one thing is repetition.  Well, a year of fitbit has been the catalyst of developing the 10000/35 habit.

Best Answer

Just the awareness of what you have eaten boosts you to the next level.  I still get one cheat item per week.  Keeps me sane!  Have any of you tried peanut butter powder?  A friend turned me on to it and it is fabulous and it cuts the fat!  Best yet it is real and non GMO.  I have lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks which is amazing.  A combo between healthy eating, awareness, drinking all the water and the new gym membership.  I STILL cannot get 10,000 steps in ... have only done it twice since I started.  But I am walking up 2 flights of stairs instead of the elevator where I work.  Keep going!

Best Answer

Yes, I have tried the PB powder.  Love it. I was putting it in my protein shakes. I need to buy some more.  

Best Answer
I have my weight loss set at 250 less calories, but I'm a little lost . If I burned 2500 calories I would have to eat 250 calories less then that. Is that right
Best Answer