Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791
Yes. That is how it works.
Best Answer
Ok thank u
Best Answer

Yay for non-scale victories!  Isn't part of the point to feel good in our day to day?  A big part of that is being comfortable in your clothes so great job!  My non-scale victory came when I switched to drinking only water (buh-bye sweet coffee drinks!) for a whole month and noticed that my wedding band fit comfortably instead of being tight... yay!  

Best Answer

Lost another pound.  It took 3 weeks after the intial lose of 7 lbs. 
I will just have to live with the fact that it is going to come off slowly.  

Best Answer
It is a little more complicated, but you are right, just math. First, your
calories go to cover your basic needs. I was always told it was 60 calories
per hour per pound. If you were eating exactly that, you would neither gain
nor lose. But if you expend an extra 3500 calories a week, and don't eat
any more, you would lose exactly 1 pound a week.

Debra L. Raymer

Dlraymer1@att.net

225 Powell St

Clarendon Hills, IL 60514

Best Answer

Smiley Very HappyYou got this...

Be a Healthier YOU ! 😉
Best Answer

@dlraymer wrote:
It is a little more complicated, but you are right, just math. First, your
calories go to cover your basic needs. I was always told it was 60 calories
per hour per pound. If you were eating exactly that, you would neither gain
nor lose. But if you expend an extra 3500 calories a week, and don't eat
any more, you would lose exactly 1 pound a week.

Who has always said that?

Just do the math with your stats.

Mine works out to be an estimated TDEE of 273,600 calories daily - since that's what the formula is claiming.

Even if that was supposed to be 0.6 calories/lb/hr - that's a light exercise day TDEE - 2736.

Too high for normal non-workout day, too low for big workout day - and not the average of the week at all.

Not sure why you'd attempt to estimate with a super rough formula when we are on a site supporting Fitbit and getting a much better personal estimate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer

Got mine March 22nd. I've lost 6lbs since then. Cat Very Happy

Best Answer

Bought my Surge in Feb.

I was skeptical on how accurate it would be, thinking the data and food plan were going to be a very rough estimate on numbers. So, as a test, I started the 1000 calorie deficit food plan and followed it as close as i could.

I'm not a fitness nut... no gym membership... not a runner nor even big on jogging.

I eat the same types of foods and nearly the same amount as I always have.

Now I'm just more accurate and aware of what a serving size really is and how much i have to walk and be active to burn the right number of calories each day.

Wow, have i been pleasantly surprised!

I've dropped about 14 pounds in 7 weeks.... spot on with the 2 pounds per week food plan.

...I'm no longer a skeptic.

Step On!
Best Answer
Debra, Thanks for the verification that it is just the math. I cannot
imagine saving more than the 3500 average calories that I do each week! I
already exercise 5 times per week. If I could get my 10,000 steps in it
would help. I will keep trying!
Lynn
Best Answer
I get 10000 a day. I run 3 miles on the treadmill, walk the dog 1 mile, and
the other 2000 usually just end up being the day. I don't commute for work,
so I don't always get that 2000-I have been known to walk a lap around the
house to get that last 200 steps! Keep going-you will get it!
Best Answer
Thanks for your encouragement. I guess I need to walk the dogs. I would
have hit 10,000 after my 3 mile treadmill. I am trying to be patient with
myself as I need to build up to this and can't expect to just do it. I do
love the fitbit weekend warrior challenges!
Lynn
Best Answer

Lost about a pound.  I have been doing Insanity so I am getitng muscle gain with my fat loss.  No change in the weight scale but nice gains in my waistband!

Best Answer

@Serich wrote:

Lost about a pound.  I have been doing Insanity so I am getitng muscle gain with my fat loss.  No change in the weight scale but nice gains in my waistband!

Insanity is primary cardio training. Cardio is good for fat loss (which is why your waist is shrinking), but it won’t build a lot of muscle. In order to gain muscle, you need resistance training (lifting heaving things). Congrats for your smaller waist in any case!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

The fitbit isn't a talisman, simply wearing it won't make you lose weight! You have to use the data it provides to change the habits that are keeping you overweight. It has helped me to solve my weight habits entirely and long-term.

Inga
Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE:  

I have continued to loose weight...down now 80 lbs in 2 1/2 months (at last weigh-in).  I do credit some of my success to the FitBit watch.  It has helped me to realize what I do during the day.   But if it wasn't for MY desire to accomplish something that most said I couldn't do...this wouldn't be helpful.   Fortunately,  I found a trainer (Pro MMA fighter recuperating after knee surgery) to show me how to exercise, lift weights, plan meals, rest (yes, that's important) and find myself mentally.  Therefore, I don't think anyone should base their complete success on the FitBit, it's only one tool you need to accomplish your goal.  

SPECIAL NOTE:  Thank you to the people who have responded to my previous post.  All the encouragement has helped.   Good luck everybody!

Best Answer
I have a another question. When u look on the food log thingy on line. It show a green goal line. Y is that there and y don't it even move. Is that line important for weight loss. I been burning more calories than I been eating.
Best Answer

Congrats to you! I share a similar story to yours. I'm down 30lbs since Nov 2015. From 225 down to 195. More to go. It took me about 2 years to actually made a quality decision to lose weight. What event or what triggered you to take action? Thank you. Regards, Aldo

Best Answer

There isn't just one thing that made me change my behavior...but, I have 3 things that stand out the most to me:  1.) During the Christmas vacation, I had to use a public restroom that was small and cramped.  Obviously, with my weight and size...it was a dificult situation.  2.)  No matter what I did--I hurt.  Sitting, standing or walking.  My body was having a hard time handling the weight.  3.)  My Doctor was pushing me to have a medical weight loss procedure.  He was convinced I had no other options.  

You have to have the mind set to do what people will tell you is impossible.  Ive never in life or business been told I was incapble to do something.  Therefore, I found me a special trainer and pursued my goals.  Phase 1: 4 months and 115 lbs.  Phase 2:  4 months and 50-60 lbs (waiting to see what looks right for my build and height).  Get people around you who encourage good behavior.  Yes, it's hard and I still make mistakes!  If I can do it, YOU can do it!  

I loook forward to reading about your results.  Tim

Best Answer

Yes!  But I've also been working semi hard at it.  I've also been watching my calories though.  

Best Answer