Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791

Got a Fitbit back early 2014 and just bought the blaze.  I have lost 24 lbs.  I eat a lot of protein and keep my carbs under 30 grams per day.  I have Ketosis sticks that I test my Ketosis levels daily. This is the chemical that your body develops when you are burning fat.  If you stay true to your diet as described above you will get into Ketosis in a couple of days.  After that, maintaining ketosis as much as possible is the goal.  Stick to protein and fat and lower your carbs.

Best Answer

Started working out and loosing weight last May. I got my FitBit for New Year. Since then I've tried to meet all my firbit goals + eating more healthy + working out 1-2 times a week, so I've lost since having firbit 4kg (abot 9 pounds). Hope not to stop until my final goal is achieved. 

Best Answer

I have lost about 15 pounds but I also go to Weight Watchers so I am watching my diet as well.  I will say that my weight loss has doubled since I got my Fitbit and realized how few steps I was taking.  I went from taking 2000 to 3000 steps to a minimum of 10,000 steps a day.  

Best Answer

I bought my fitbit just over a month ago as I've been on a quest to lose weight for a while.

In the past I have always been overweight but in the past 10 months or so I started to lose it. In abour October/November I noticed I wasnt losing it anymore but I was stuck halfway between my starting and goal weight! 

A month after getting my fitbit I have lost 2.2kg and I'm feeling a lot more motivated, hopefully it will not stop this time and if it does I will be able to track more closely whats happening!

Best Answer

Surge for Xmas 2015. Gave me a kick in the butt more than anything 🙂

30 pounds lost, diet is mainly LCHF w IF. Strength up abt 20% with the weights.

Hoping it keeps up!

Warner Baxter won Best Actor 1930 for "In Old Arizona"
Best Answer
When I got serious about it, I began tracking food and exercise and have lost 17 lbs sibe January
Best Answer

Lost 7 lbs since I got my FitBit Charge HR on 3-6-16.
I do everything possible to get 10,000 a day.  
I have a desk job, but I work at home.  
I figured out a way to get steps in during my workday.  I actually made a standing desk to used periodically throughout the day.  If I don't get all the steps in during work, I hit the treadmill after work.  
I went from 166 lbs to 159.  My goal is 140 lbs.  

Best Answer
@CStar3636, I have a desk job too and I started working at a stand up desk in January and it has helped me move more but I too come home and get on the treadmill or elliptical at night if I don't make my 10,000 during the day. It's helped a lot but I also cut my meal portions down to half. Portion control plus the exercise works wonders.

Sent from Regina's iPhone
Best Answer
Initially? No.

Started with a Zip and now the One

The Fitbit or any tracker is just half of it, you need to watch what you eat as well.

Now that I am using MyFitnessPal to track my calories in/out, I am starting to lose weight, along with what every dietician says, the most important meal of the day is breakfast! Fills you up and gives you strength and energy for the day, and the worst time to eat is just before you sleep
Best Answer

I've had my Fit Bit Charge for about 2 months. Its helped me see the big difference in activity on days I work from home vs. go into the office. As a result, I'm walking more on the WFH days, but stubbornly haven't lost an ounce. I eat apx. 1300 calories a day, and a according to FitBit burn between 1700-2100 per day. I exercise daily, at least an hour of walking, plus yoga, pilates or free weights and treadmill. Eat mostly fresh fruits, veggies & lean chicken breast and if grains are on the menu, always whole grain in small amounts.

I'm 56, so thinking my metabolism is just stuck in my mid-life zone. 

Any older gals have tricks that have worked?

@Rnda wrote:

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Best Answer
I've lost almost 20 lbs since January and I'm 54. The exercise is right as well as the calorie intake. The problem may be the type of calories you are eating. What has worked for me is eating low glycemic foods. It decreases the amount of bad carbs. I eat them, don't get me wrong but not as often as I use too. My portions are also smaller. That coupled with the workout should make them drop off. Also limit you soda intake.

Best Answer
Yes, I looked up the percentage of your intake calories should be from carbs, protein, and fat. I always stay in those guidelines. I also don't drink soda. I drink alot of unsweetened green tea. It tastes great and has alot of antioxidants in it.
Best Answer
Drink plenty of water. Also look up online the percentage of your calorie intake should be from carbs, protein, and fat. Try to limit your carbs to vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, etc. I eat those in a salad every day. It counts towards your carbs, but is very low in calories. I also use only fat-free dressing (Kraft Zesty Italian- 35 calories for 2 tbs). Don't give up. I have worked myself up from less than 1000 steps a day to 10 miles a day on a treadmill. I use it for 2 hours every day of the week. Good luck!
Best Answer

Thanks for all these great tips! I'll look at rebalancing my caloric intake. I do drink a lot of water but also have a diet pepsi in the morning. I've been thinking I need to cut that out but haven't made progress yet. So many changes still post-menopause!

Best Answer

Best Answer

I lost 1 lb without trying.  Started off at 174.  Now, I'm at 173.  I'm not trying to gain or lose weight at the moment, but I enjoy working out.  Since Summer is approaching,  I will drop to my Summer weight (165-168)  to look more ripped for beach days.    Good luck, everyone.  

Best Answer

I"ve lost 4 lbs ... need to get serious ... was at first ... then ... fell back into some bad habits. Trying again. Would love any encouragement. BTW, I turn 60 tomorrow.

Best Answer
@gypsy56, Happy Birthday. Try not to get discouraged. The slower it comes off the better.

Best Answer
What I really love about my Fitbit. Is that I can truly manage my health and weight loss. It does take time getting used to logging food and preparation can go alone way. After I started where my charge hr I notice I wasn't doing as much as I could be so I set my goal and focus oh reaching them. I have lost 20lbs. I'm taking it nice n slow but putting in all the work
Best Answer
Keep it up. 4 pounds is a start. I have been it for 22 weeks and have only lost 32.4 pounds. Slow is the way to go. You have a better chance of keeping the weight off if you lose it slowly and naturally. Try drinking more water. Water is a great weight loss aid. If you don't drink enough, your weight loss slows down or stops.
Best Answer