Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791

Yes, this is when I've had my most success ... logging my food intake.

Best Answer

I will let you know soon. I just got here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

YES - I started a diet on June of 2022 and now it is Oct 2022 and I have lost 47 lbs!!!! Weight is now 297 and I have started to take walks again, up to 0.65 miles.....😃

Best Answer

That is life changing!

Best Answer

Hi,

Right, it is really because of a decision to get my health back. I'd been slowly
gaining weight, breathing more heavily and feeling down because of the added
weight. So I put myself on a diet, try not to eat more than 1200 cal a day and
log everything in the fitbit program. And I actually don't wear the bracelet, I
wear it as a clip in my pocket, so all it does is really count steps. The stairs
numbers is totally false, I used to have a pickup truck and after every ride I'd
see about 40 stairs climbed - LOL.

I originally had a One but never really used it seriously for step counting. I'd
just go about my daily routine and look at it at the end of the day. The battery
gave out and so I got the Inspire 2.

Best,

Stay safe,

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

That's awesome that you have done well on your weight loss jouney!  About the truck driving, they can't tell when you are driving and all the movements of turning the wheel do track into steps or stairs.  I try to remember to take the FitBit off but then I leave it in the car and forget to put it back on.  You can also log on to fitbit and knock out those steps/ minutes telling the fitbit you were driving but I find it to be alot of daily upkeep to do it that way.  

Yes, I have lost weight since I dusted off my fitbit.  10 lbs down since mid october.  It will be a long journey, but looking forward to healthier living

Best Answer

I sold the truck a couple years ago and since then when I've 'climbed steps', I've actually climbed steps...But here in Tucson, 90% of the buildings are at ground level or have elevators. The only places with steps that I go to are the malls and I'd rather take my walks on the Rillito river.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started a few days ago but when I got on the scale, I noticed I gained 2.5 lbs. I'm hoping it's muscle or water weight...🤞🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes

True, but the Fitbit allows you to track what you are doing.  If you use it properly, you know how much calories you have consumed, and how many you have burned.  It helps you track your progress.  It is a journey, not a quick fix.

Best Answer

The web page will display my weight only the range off 0.1 to 0.2 pounds (obviously far too low).  Whether I enter the correct weight manually on the web app or it is uploaded by the FitBit scale, the weight here in the web app is 100x too low.  How to fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a great article to read. It's discuss' using trackers tracking calories and why we aren't losing weight when tracking everything.

https://nutritionovereasy.com/2021/09/how-fitness-trackers-sabotage-weight-loss/

Best Answer

You need to know your metabolic rate and take that into account when deciding how many Calories you need. 500 Cal/day is enough to keep  me stable at 175 Lbs, which was too much.

I have been carefully measuring and weighing what I eat for years, trying to take at least 5K steps per day, but  my muscle strength is poor and I have, at the last count, 8 auto-immune disorders including  thyroid auto-antibodies.  Despite that, I have lost weight and am now at my goal weight.  I was 260lbs and now I am no longer obese, or even overweight, at 137lbs, nearly half the woman I was, though it has been hard work.  I have to keep to approx. 300 Cals/day with my Dr's approval because my thyroid is atrophied and I have thyroxine antibodies, I have a very low metabolic rate..  I take one multi vitamin mineral tablet per day and occasionally have a 'meal' of chocolate, ice cream or cake.

My fitbit, and this app, has been an enormous help..

---------------

Have you talked to fitbit customer service for advice?  I have always found them helpful.

Retired disabled, Charge5, Android, Win 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have lost 15kgs (30 pounds) since I got my Fitbit in September. It has helped me be very aware of how many kilojoules I am consuming every day and how active I am. My resting heart rate has improved as has my overall wellbeing. I now have 10kgs (22 pounds) to get to my goal weight.

Best Answer

This is a joy to read! Keep up the good work and 22 lbs will be gone in no time - sound of clapping 

Happy new year!

January 2023. Got my Inspire 2 last January 2022, weighing in at 156 and 25.6% body fat. I reached goal in July of 136 and 22.% body fat. Since then I've been as low as 131 and am currently 136. I'm 'secure' 'nuf to eat w/o recording and/or restricting my caloric intake, knowing if I need to I can revert to 1200 cal/day and lose weight or 1500 cal/day to maintain. THANKS FITBIT!  BTW anyone who says you can't lose weight after 70 - I say bullocks!

Best Answer
A year has past and you have achieved a lot. But you are still striving to
make even more gains in 2023. Don’t stop!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

Hi, I just got a new Fitbit.  I'm hoping it gets me moving . 

Hope your doing ok.

Have a good day

Best Answer
0 Votes

actually yes, I am inspired every day by people's stories
Wow great results

Best Answer

So far it helps me get up and get moving . Weight not yet

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I got the Inspire 2 because I was struggling to lose weight safely and effectively. It’s helped me realize how  dehydrated I was before hand, and the accurate heart rate monitoring during exercise was a must-have. It’s been almost 2 full months and I’ve lost 5lbs where before it took me 7 months to lose 9lbs. 

Best Answer

70 Down in three months.

Best Answer