Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health problems after a psychiatric hospital

My health problems started when I went to a psychiatric hospital. I don't know what happened to my body, but after leaving the psychiatric hospital, my body stopped responding to drugs and I have a problem with losing weight. From how it started. I went to a psychiatric hospital after I was addicted to sleeping pills, and more specifically to the drug clonazepam, I ate it by handfuls because otherwise I could not sleep. At one point my parents called an ambulance, which took me to a psychiatric ward. I spent 7 weeks there. I don't know what they gave me, but for the first week I was given injections and drugs, I lost my speech after that and I slept for a long time, after these problems, the doctors stopped the drug and I stayed on the pills alone. I tried to spit out the drugs, but I took the night to sleep, after some time (about 5 week) the medications stopped working and I slept for about 2 hours a day, I ate a lot and gained 12 kg during my stay in the hospital due to depression. (around week 5) I felt super saturated and clogged, I stopped eating almost completely, for the next 3 weeks I did not lose anything. After leaving the hospital I thought that I would lose weight without any problems and I would sleep normally, but I was wrong. I got home similar medications, unfortunately after these I couldn't sleep on drugs either. I ate about 1000 calories a day and slept for about 2 hours a day. After a month nothing changed, the weight was still the same and I slept for 2 hours. I decided to go to a psychiatrist, because I couldn't sleep, I asked for clonazepam again. Unfortunately, it didn't help, I continued to sleep 2 hours a day, tried different doses. I don't know what is happening to my body, it seems that it stopped responding to drugs and diet, I suspect that because of the drugs they gave me it could have happened. I don't know which doctor should I go to because I do not know what disease it is. I cannot lose weight or sleep, please help me with what the problem may be.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @ania1994  sounds like you've had some serious struggles and want to work your way to better health and weight. You really need to talk to your health care professionals about this situation. While these forums are full of people who use Fitbit products, they are not qualified to help you with this and you need someone who can grasp your whole story. I find it interesting that although you went to the psychiatric hospital due to an addiction to clonazepam that you were prescribed it again. Sounds like you've gone to more than one psychiatrist and that might be part of your problem. At this point, it might be more of a medical issue. Why not see if your family doctor can assist you in getting sleep and losing the weight. Quite often, the medical professionals who know us best can offer the correct solution for us. Take care of yourself and don't stop trying to make things better as you make this journey to health.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I am thinking of doing a toxicology test to look for poisoning that probably occurred in the hospital during detoxification. Do you have any more ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ania1994  truly I have no ideas for you. A toxicology test is something you need to discuss with your doctor. As I posted before, this public forum is not where you should go for such advice. Talk with your parents and your health care professionals (psychiatrist and doctor) to determine what you should do next. Fitbit is not a medical device and these forums can't take the place of properly trained medical professionals. You need a professional who can meet you face to face to help you to begin the journey. You just need to take that first step.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

people are getting more depessed in this pandemic because losing jobs and losing loved ones. depression is very hard to overcome on ur own. need the doctors help.however there are many sites for helping depression.best of them is called expressive therapy for depression.if anyone is feeling depressed then fellow the link below.

expressive therapy for depression

Best Answer
0 Votes