Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello I am new to Fitbit

Hello my name is Heather I am 32 years old and am currently 278 pounds. I’m new to Fitbit. I don’t know how to really work any of it. I have lost weight then gained weight many times over the years. I have decided to give it one more shot before I look into surgery. I would love some advice, friends, support, and motivation. 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello & welcome @HCJ71 

Congratulations on taking steps towards a healthier you. I'm on a similar journey.

Which Fitbit device did you get? We'll be happy to help you learn how to use your device as well as cheer you on and provide support.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

I got an inspire 3. 😁 how long have you been on ur journey? 

Best Answer

Hi @HCJ71 

I got serious about my journey towards a healthier me about 2 years ago. I retired from corporate about 4 years ago where I had a desk job and sat for most of my 9-10+ hour work day.

I'm happy to share that my weight is down at least 30-35 pounds since I started.

What are you doing for your workouts/activity?

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

Hi Heather! I'm new to Fitbit, too (with my Inspire 3). 26 and I doubled my weight over the course of about 4 years, so trying to lose it again - I'm 3lb down but plenty more to go. I'd love to add you if you'd like some Fitbit friends, I like seeing my friends posts and cheering them on, and them cheering me on!

Best Answer

Hi hun!

Welcome to Fitbit! I would love to keep in touch to keep one another accountable! 

I'm 30 years old with 3 kooky kids and am trying to lose this baby weight!

One bit of advice I can share with you, for a nice 1st step would be to eliminate sugary drinks!

Not all at once though. Just replace one sugary drink (like soda or whatever it is) with water. Increase this over the next week or so until you ONLY consume water with only 1 sugary drink a day (I have a sprite with my dinner and a Livefit water enhancer packet-the one with Guava flavor is the **ahem**- at lunch) 

Think PROTEIN!!! That has helped a lot. 

Idk about you, but I am struggling like HELL to decrease my intake of sugary foods. I freaking love chocolate. and those Pillsbury chocolate chip cookies. 

Would love some advice if you got any?

much love,

-Halie

Moderator edit: word choice. 

Best Answer